On The Fence

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited November 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Spider web on our fence. Never saw the spider tho.

624908852_Sa9Gy-L-2.jpg

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Hey Mary,

If you hadn't stated what this was, I might have ventured a guess of rain doing some splashing around. :D

Anyway, it's not right ~ a post with no comments headscratch.gif
    Randy
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Hey Mary,

If you hadn't stated what this was, I might have ventured a guess of rain doing some splashing around. :D

That was also my thought -- splashing raindrops.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Hey Mary,

Howdy Randy :D

Thought you had disappeared. Was getting alittle worried about ya, just about ready to start asking around on if you were ok or not. Hope you were on some wonderful vacation with many photos to share with us :D

Yeah I was going to pull this photo this afternoon since no one posted a like or dislike on it :cry But you came to the rescue just like a Texan thumb.gif

It was a spider web....figure the spider had all it's options covered going each way...up and to the sides :D

Thanks for taking a look Randy and commenting :D
    edited November 13, 2009
    tisun wrote:
    That was also my thought -- splashing raindrops.

Hi,

Wish I could catch raindrops, but it's just a funky looking spider web.

Thanks for taking a look and commenting :D
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Howdy Randy :D

Thought you had disappeared. Was getting alittle worried about ya, just about ready to start asking around on if you were ok or not. Hope you were on some wonderful vacation with many photos to share with us :D

Yeah I was going to pull this photo this afternoon since no one posted a like or dislike on it :cry But you came to the rescue just like a Texan thumb.gif

It was a spider web....figure the spider had all it's options covered going each way...up and to the sides :D

Thanks for taking a look Randy and commenting :D

I'm OK Mary, thanks for the concern. No vacation ~ just life...

There's hardly anything that's as disheartening on a photo board as posting an image, people looking but no one comments. Leaves you thinking all kind of things, and non of them good eek7.gif

While this is not one of my favorite images from you, especially lately, I always like to see your work ~ Keep em' coming!!!
    Randy
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited November 13, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Wish I could catch raindrops, but it's just a funky looking spider web.

Mary,

I think this might have worked better if you had gotten much closer and included less of the web but with greater detail. As it is, you can tell it's a web, but it doesn't convey the complex beauty that you probably saw. ne_nau.gif
    edited November 13, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    I'm OK Mary, thanks for the concern. No vacation ~ just life...

There's hardly anything that's as disheartening on a photo board as posting an image, people looking but no one comments. Leaves you thinking all kind of things, and non of them good eek7.gif

While this is not one of my favorite images from you, especially lately, I always like to see your work ~ Keep em' coming!!!

I'm happy to hear all is well :D

Not my best, but I did a lot of funky editing on it to get to where it is now. Sun would of helped with this. Just can't take a photo in the shade sometimes. Doesn't help either that I did this in BW...I'm learning :D

Ah....when someone doesn't say something about one of my photos I just think I need to work harder or I've left them speechless rolleyes1.gif
    edited November 13, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Mary,

I think this might have worked better if you had gotten much closer and included less of the web but with greater detail. As it is, you can tell it's a web, but it doesn't convey the complex beauty that you probably saw. ne_nau.gif

Hi Richard,

Your right...it doesn't convey any complex beauty. Just shows lines going in different directions. I'm learning.....thanks for letting me know what you thought. It will help me next time I try a spider web shot :D