Options

Creating Spine insert for portfolios

jstrusejstruse Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 13, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi,

What I am looking to do is create a file that when sent to be printed (as a photo) will maintain the specific size I designed it to be. I have purchased nice portfolios to display my prints in and they have a place to insert paper to identify the contents. For years I have used Microsoft Word to produce such sheets where it contained just text and maybe a company logo. What I want to do now is to use some sort of program (ie. photoshop, etc.) to produce an image that can then be sent to Smugmug and get back actual prints that I can then trim to the correct size.

An example would be to take the banner from my site and do something to it so that I can send it to smugmug and Know that the image will come out as 3.6"x6.7" on 5x7 paper with white fill around.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have tried searching both Digital Grin and the internet, but I must not be using the correct keywords to find such a topic.

Thanks,

John

http://whhsbandphotos.com

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Seems pretty simple to me.

Create a 5X7 canvas, place your 3.6X6.7 image on the canvas, flatten image, adjust ppi, color space etc, sent to printer.

Sam
  • Options
    jstrusejstruse Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 13, 2009
    Thanks, it worked great!