Options

Keyword behaviour change/broken

HawkmanHawkman Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited November 17, 2009 in Bug Reporting
So my keywords that consist f a single word work, but keywords with multiple words have quit working. They used to work fine:

http://hawkman.smugmug.com/

What I get now when clicking on a keyword with multiple words is it tries to match only on the first word, not the whole string. For instance, keyword "black crowned night heron" now only searches for "black" and finds nothing.

- Gene
Gene
Walk softly and carry a big lens!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
  • Options
    seedsofsuccessseedsofsuccess Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 13, 2009
    I'm also having issues with whatever change there is to the keywords only my problem is with numbers. Things previous labeled with "2009" are now without quotes in the new comma format. This is causing the numerical keywords to not exist any more. I really really do not want to go through all of my photos readding the quotes that I carefully added in the first place that were somehow automatically removed. Here's an example of one that should have 2009: http://seedsofsuccess.smugmug.com/Bureau-of-Land-Management/BLM-NV030/4721399_kTQdn#697439823_MBiDM (when I hit edit, the keywords are: nevada, 2009, slender cinquefoil, potentilla, gracilis, var. fastigiata, pogrf2, habitat,)

The species codes seem fine so far because they start with letters and end with numbers.

Scrolling down to the bottom where there are the year numbers, each of those should have more than they currently do: http://seedsofsuccess.smugmug.com/keyword/

I tried looking around to see if there was any documentation about the change, but everything still seems to refer to the old style quote and spaces system.

Olivia
  • Options
    timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Would this be the result of the fix where doing a preview when there's a blank "this' field resulted in a "" being added to all the keywords for multiple pics in a gallery?

I tried adding some keywords to a gallery this AM, and instead of taking the pair of words I entered as a single keyword, it broke them up and entered them as individual keywords - I had to put quotes around the pair of keywords for them to be added the way I wanted them to.
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    grahamgraham Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Keyword issue
    I am also having problems with keywords. Used to be that two words in a keyword addition showed up as one, now they are split when I do an add via the tools button. More importantly, the search on keywords seems to have changed? I customized so that a portfolio based on keywords, for example 'stock' could be extracted from my customized Navbar but it only seems to search certain galleries. I am at www.grahamwaiting.com and use FF and Safari. In my galleries, Cat Island photos are all key-worded as stock but on the search, only the two photos that I copied to my 'featured gallery' come up in the search. I added the 'standard' keyword search at he bottom of my home page in case I have a coding problem in my Navbar, but it gives the same result? HELP.
    There is no light in hell. Enjoy it while you can.
    http://www.grahamwaiting.com
    http://www.bahamastockphotography.com
  • Options
    bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Catastrophic. There had better be a work around for this and fast...or we are :hang

We shot a major sporting event (marathon) last week and our 6 photographer crew just finished tagging/uploading all of our 15,000+ photos with bib numbers. Our go live date for the event photo sales is TODAY AT 5:00PM PST.

SMUGMUG: I need you guys to address this pronto, por favor. A fix, a workaround, anything.....
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    Catastrophic.

Hey guys, standby, if it's broken, we'll fix it.
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    We're working on this now, thanks and sorry for the hassle, guys.
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    ETA? (and THANK YOU! clap.gif )
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    Update
    Hey Andy,

Can I get an update on this issue? We have a contractual obligation to have our site operational by 5PM today, PST. 5000+ participants will be flooding our gates and wanting to make purchases - except that they won't be able to. :bash We need this keyword bug resolved within the next couple hours, or at least let us know if that is not going to happen.

We need to know if you guys will have this fixed by our deadline, otherwise we will need to host this event gallery elsewhere. You guys rock, and I have no interest in hopping the fence. But for this gig we are under contract...I'm sure you understand. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    Hey Andy,

Can I get an update on this issue? We have a contractual obligation to have our site operational by 5PM today, PST. 5000+ participants will be flooding our gates and wanting to make purchases - except that they won't be able to. :bash We need this keyword bug resolved within the next couple hours, or at least let us know if that is not going to happen.

We need to know if you guys will have this fixed by our deadline, otherwise we will need to host this event gallery elsewhere. You guys rock, and I have no interest in hopping the fence. But for this gig we are under contract...I'm sure you understand. Thanks.
    I can't give a time. It's being worked on, and we hope to have this bit repaired asap today.

Engineers are on it but I cannot say the time it will be fixed by.

I'm sorry.
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    Go sorcerers! clap.gifclap.gif You can do it(by 5:00PM!) :D
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    Go sorcerers! clap.gifclap.gif You can do it(by 5:00PM!) :D

539pm CA time, fixed!
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2009
    wings.gifwings.gifwings.gifwings.gifwings.gifwings.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifwings.gifwings.gifwings.gifwings.gifwings.gifwings.gifwings.gifwings.gifwings.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

We're saved!!!! A BIG thank you SOOOOOO much; to Andy and ALL of the magicians involved. clap.gif
  • Options
    HawkmanHawkman Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    Well, OK, this is another behavior change. Some of my images had numbers in the keywords (for various reasons) that didn't used to show up in the keyword listing but now they do ???? So I have a bunch of categories that are now just numbers. Now I have to go through all of my images and delete the numbers from the keywords?

Just wondering what is going on.

Gene
    Gene
    Walk softly and carry a big lens!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    I just found a bunch of multiple keywords that have been split by adding a
    comma after each word and two commas at the end. Also had a bunch of
    numbers added to the list. Cleaned up all I could find.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    Allen wrote:
    I just found a bunch of multiple keywords that have been split by adding a
    comma after each word and two commas at the end.

Link, example? ear.gif Pls email me.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    Hawkman wrote:
    Well, OK, this is another behavior change. Some of my images had numbers in the keywords (for various reasons) that didn't used to show up in the keyword listing but now they do ???? So I have a bunch of categories that are now just numbers. Now I have to go through all of my images and delete the numbers from the keywords?

Just wondering what is going on.

Gene
    Yeah, we're checking on this, sorry - stay tuned.
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    All my quotes are gone in keywords
    All my quotes have disappeared from my keywords, I had dozens of phrases that were were set off by quotes, they are now separated by a comma, i.e.,:
    videos of rats, snug holding, gwen's rats, gallery, trust, training, concepts, good , grip cave , cover holding,

Oddly, the keyword page itself still has every keyword behaving as if it is quoted.
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2009
    Mine haven't entirely resolved. The numbers in my keywords section still aren't right because I thought at least one of the years had 4 digit number of photos. (years at the bottom of http://seedsofsuccess.smugmug.com/)

Do I need to do something like edit the captions for each gallery and hit save? (Edit: Actually I just tried this and it hasn't really done anything.)

I haven't checked all of them, but at least one gallery has some keywords that say [Indexing: 2009] instead of the normal underlined 2009. http://seedsofsuccess.smugmug.com/Bureau-of-Land-Management/BLM-NV030/4721399_kTQdn#697397743_mWw9D

Olivia
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2009
    Our site had the indexing issue as well. My fix: go into each gallery, open the edit caption/keyword tool, select all images(don't change anything, just select all), and then click save. This seemed to kick everything into gear and 10 minutes later all or our 15,000+ photos were indexed. Weird, I know...but it worked.
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2009
    Our site had the indexing issue as well. My fix: go into each gallery, open the edit caption/keyword tool, select all images(don't change anything, just select all), and then click save. This seemed to kick everything into gear and 10 minutes later all or our 15,000+ photos were indexed. Weird, I know...but it worked.
    Thanks for the advice, I think it's working!