Options

And speaking of Documentary Photography and PJ

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited November 14, 2009 in Street and Documentary
If anyone hanging out here is within driving distance of Cambridge, MA, and wants to spend the winter and spring being pushed to grow, on-line registration begins around 12/6 for my Harvard University Extension School documentary photography class - Jour 165. It's taught Monday evenings from 7:30 to 9:30. If you're interested you should sign up asap, as it fills pretty quickly.

Contact me off-line for more information.
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    If anyone hanging out here is within driving distance of Cambridge, MA, and wants to spend the winter and spring being pushed to grow, on-line registration begins around 12/6 for my Harvard University Extension School documentary photography class - Jour 165. It's taught Monday evenings from 7:30 to 9:30. If you're interested you should sign up asap, as it fills pretty quickly.

Contact me off-line for more information.
    Or, better yet, I'll give you room and board if you come spend the winter and spring in Missouri pushing me to grow. deal.gif:D
    Travis
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    If you can manage it, do this. I did it last winter and it really reawakened my passion for photography. Be prepared to feel uncomfortable, but it was very rewarding.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2009
    I wish there was some way of doing this long distance/online. What an opportunity.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2009
    Maybe B.D. will make the syllabus available here on dgrin so that people can at least do the reading and know the exercises. A few of the exercises B.D. has posted here were also in the class.

The class culminated in final projects. B.D. gave us a huge amount of personal attention and help with the final projects from the earliest stages (selecting a subject.) I think that would be hard to duplicate on dgrin for an unlimited audience (but perhaps for a group of limited size?)

If you are interested, here is my final project.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2009
    Sounds great. God knows, I'm nearby and would love to take this course, but I have other school issues I'm dealing with. Maybe next time.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2009
    I would love to challenge myself with a course like this, but like others there is no reasonable way to be in Boston/Cambridge. I bet it's an awesome experience. I'm guessing the toughest part for me would be the writing. I haven't done any serious writing for some time.