Options

Rehearsals 3

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited November 13, 2009 in Street and Documentary
The last stage of rehearsals before final dress and opening is adding the orchestra. The first rehearsal with the band is usually in the theater but without costumes or movement, and is called a Sitzprobe (from the German, literally "Sitting Rehearsal").

Orchestra at last!
712031106_Ad6fn-M-1.jpg

712031084_hBch8-M-1.jpg

Don't know if you can see it, but the gal on the far right has a magazine on the music stand! There's often a lot of hanging around, so you see a fair bit of that and, these days, people reading the web on their cellphones...

712031053_e5cbb-M-1.jpg

A few random backstage shots.

Lights racked up
712031185_dmS47-M-1.jpg

The props table - you probably can't see it very well since I had to open right up and thus DOF is shallow (there wasn't as much light as this shot makes it look like there was!), but each of those tape stripes has the prop which goes in that place written on it. Sounds crazy, but UNmarked prop tables are a nightmare, as each person who handles the item may put it down in a different place, leaving the next person to grab it hunting around. By "spiking" (ie tape marking) where everything goes, things run much more smoothly!

712031157_gC23u-M-1.jpg

Back of the set
712031129_WSsi3-M-1.jpg

A couple I took just for fun while we were out having coffee the other day
712030985_iSWP7-M-1.jpg

Soprano plays cards while maestro works in the background....
712031014_zff8s-M-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    I'm not loving this set they way I did the last one. The still lifes don't do much for me. The first three are too distant to transmit much of the intensity that everyone must feel. The second-to-last feels like a snapshot, posed but impromptu. Girls always put their heads together when you point a camera at them and ask them to pose. And why tilt the last one?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    I'm not loving this set they way I did the last one. The still lifes don't do much for me. The first three are too distant to transmit much of the intensity that everyone must feel. The second-to-last feels like a snapshot, posed but impromptu. Girls always put their heads together when you point a camera at them and ask them to pose. And why tilt the last one?

The 2nd to last is a snapshot, really, but it was kind of funny too - perhaps more meaningful to those involved than those outside the context. The last one is tilted because that was the only way I could include the cards and the maestro from where I was sitting - just a grab shot. :D

I was further away - it was important not to disrupt or distract in any way (orchestra time is limited and expensive!), so I think you're right - they lose something with the added distance. Then again, I think these are all eventually going to form part of a larger set so while they may not work individually, I'm hoping that as a composite whole they will help to captaure/convey a total atmosphere and process. Then again, maybe they'll just go into the "almost-but-not-quite" bin. We'll see!

As always, thanks for the feedback - appreciated thumb.gif