Options

general questions

tripwatertripwater Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited November 13, 2009 in Dgrin Forum Support
I am seeing a section for shots, gear, video etc but nothing about general questions. I don't want to post my question in a category that is irrelevant but I would like to know where to post general photography questions ( not C&C of my pic questions )

For example, I would like to know why when I read up on candid shots of people and the legality of such, it is fine if in a public place but yet when submitting stock photos companies require model releases? I can take candid shots of people and sell them on smugmug or off a gallery but stock sites require a model release when you get someone's feet in a picture...

One thing that bothers me is I have downloaded many of my share of stock photos for my day time job and some of which contain city crowds FILLED with people and I guarantee you the photographer did not get a model release for all those people yet I downloaded it off one of these sites that required one.

Now I am not asking that my question be answered here but you get the idea of general questions like this and other possible general questions that could arise and need the advise or knowledge from the pros here. Is there such a place in this forum to post such questions?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    tripwater wrote:
    For example, I would like to know why when I read up on candid shots of people and the legality of such, it is fine if in a public place but yet when submitting stock photos companies require model releases? I can take candid shots of people and sell them on smugmug or off a gallery but stock sites require a model release when you get someone's feet in a picture...
    It's a business related question, so it goes best in "mind your own business".

There are some separate forums for things like business, locations to shoot, gear, software, etc. If you are not sure, 'the big picture' is where to go thumb.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    The most GENRAL OF GENERAL OF QUESTIONS should go here:

The Big Picture (13 Viewing)
    If you need to ask, it belongs here.

If it is business related as in your OP then as IVAR said it should go here:

Mind Your Own Business (9 Viewing)
    It's about the bottom line.

Both of these are under the heading of:

WIDE ANGLE
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    tripwatertripwater Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2009
    thanks, found the section and posted my question