another go at curves (landscape)

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited July 16, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
If we post a photograph, can you find the exif if it is there in the File-info menu in PSCS2?
This is a possible entry for curves challenge. A lonesome tree 10 minutes away from my house on the way to Fountains Abbey.

28503949-L.jpg

Comments

• purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2005
    Great picture. Though I see some curves, but I think they need to be more obvious.
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2005
    purified wrote:
    Great picture. Though I see some curves, but I think they need to be more obvious.

thanks Kelly... that is all they had in the curves drawer over there, it is only a minor bump in the floor... I will look out for more obvious curves. (It keeps me off the street, entering the challenges)
    rolleyes1.gif
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2005
    If you crop out the sky, almost down to the tree, I think it will emphasize the curves.

Bear
    edited July 15, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    If you crop out the sky, almost down to the tree, I think it will emphasize the curves.
    Bear

Yes, but now I don't have my correct ratio anymore. I like to keep the right ratio if possible. I also chucked my original NEF file accidently (definitely not my day today) so all I could do was crop the jpeg further down. Sigh. I can always go back, it is one of my fav spots.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

28509017-L.jpg
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    photocat wrote:
    Yes, but now I don't have my correct ratio anymore. I like to keep the right ratio if possible. I also chucked my original NEF file accidently (definitely not my day today) so all I could do was crop the jpeg further down. Sigh. I can always go back, it is one of my fav spots.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

28509017-L.jpg
    Awesome! clap.gifclap.gif

You've been posting some great images but I like this one the best. Very nice composition and the curved elements are more obvious to me in this cropped version.

Cheers,

Erich
  • JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    Great shot, I too like the cropped version better. IMHO the "correct" ratio is what ever ratio gets that look you want, don't be bound by things like that, this is an art not a science.

James.
    edited July 16, 2005
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    Great shot, I too like the cropped version better. IMHO the "correct" ratio is what ever ratio gets that look you want, don't be bound by things like that, this is an art not a science.

James.

blush blush blush
    thanks guys, I am not used to that much comments.
    Thanks for commenting. i am on a pink cloud