Wings Over Homestead Air Show

traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
edited November 16, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
had a chance to shoot an airshow for the first time last weekend - mostly cloudy, but a bit of blue sky at the end. entire gallery is here: http://kt.smugmug.com/Airplanes hope you enjoy...regards...Keith T.

711138467_egQqr-L-1.jpg

711138356_GumxQ-L-1.jpg

711138731_9Tjh3-L-1.jpg

711138942_ssgyN-L-1.jpg

711138875_wfvgp-L-1.jpg

711139272_vCvFW-L-1.jpg

711137956_2ZTLM-L-1.jpg

711138139_qJFvD-L-1.jpg
Beam me outta here!:winkKT

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2009
    Howdy Keith,

Really neat shots, love the Afterburner ones, looks like you had a great

day full of wonderful Planes.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • TangoJulietTangoJuliet Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2009
    You got some nice shots there Keith. You made a Rookie mistake though (I used to do it too), when shooting a plane with props, use a slower shutter speed so you don't freeze the spinning prop. Some prop blur gives the sense of motion to the subject. Good shots of the ThunderChickens, and I like the AB shot also. I used to be a Crew Chief on the B-2's but I can't tell what tail # is on that one. The one I was assigned to was 0700, the "Spirit of Florida".
  • traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2009
    Thanks for the comments - but if you look at my gallery you'll see I wasn't a *complete* rookie - I did slow shutter speed for most of the props, but probably got tired of switching between the props and the jets!

The bomber here was the Spirit of South Carolina - you can read the name in another picture that i didn;t post.

Regards,

Keith
    You got some nice shots there Keith. You made a Rookie mistake though (I used to do it too), when shooting a plane with props, use a slower shutter speed so you don't freeze the spinning prop. Some prop blur gives the sense of motion to the subject. Good shots of the ThunderChickens, and I like the AB shot also. I used to be a Crew Chief on the B-2's but I can't tell what tail # is on that one. The one I was assigned to was 0700, the "Spirit of Florida".
  • TangoJulietTangoJuliet Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    traunerk wrote:
    Thanks for the comments - but if you look at my gallery you'll see I wasn't a *complete* rookie - I did slow shutter speed for most of the props, but probably got tired of switching between the props and the jets!

The bomber here was the Spirit of South Carolina - you can read the name in another picture that i didn;t post.

Regards,

Keith

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you are a Rookie.
  • traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    don't let it trouble you for a second...
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you are a Rookie.

I *was* a rookie given it was my first air show, but i did read up and try to slow for the props - believe me, I don't insult that easily!

Regards...Keith