Options

One more try 37

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited November 15, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
One more try, looking to get something a little different from what's already entered, or posted. This could be a total bomb, just not sure, but it is a rare sight in my area, so I had to grab some shots. So, curious what you all think as compared to the leaf in my prior post that seemed to be the popular vote of my shots.

For refreshers here is the leaf shot

712488048_oVVUe-L.jpg

And here is my shot from today

Lamborghini
713188611_fPdLE-XL.jpg
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2009
    That's quite lovely, actually (for a car shot, lol....my husband won't let me shoot cars for him at the auto show because I never can get the whole car in the shot...the details intrigue me far more

Trish

ic4u wrote:
    One more try, looking to get something a little different from what's already entered, or posted. This could be a total bomb, just not sure, but it is a rare sight in my area, so I had to grab some shots. So, curious what you all think as compared to the leaf in my prior post that seemed to be the popular vote of my shots.

For refreshers here is the leaf shot

712488048_oVVUe-L.jpg

And here is my shot from today

Lamborghini
    713188611_fPdLE-XL.jpg
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    I like the car a lot, but the image quality isn't there like it is for the leaf. It's a toss up for me.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    I think I like the leaf best of these. It's just got some really interesting colors and detail. The car is very cool as well. Still like your current entry a lot though.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    Thanks for the input Emily and Dave!
    My son likes the car shot best, (Duh!)
    I may work on it more to see if I can improve it.
    I really like the leaf too, but since there are already
    some entries similar, I'm not sure if I'll use it.
    My current entry I'm happy with, but again, there are so many
    portrait shots, and there seemed to be some question as to whether
    or not it would be viewed as filling the frame.
    Anyone else care to put in their 2 cents, to help me decide?
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    That Lamborghini shot is pretty hot. One way you could improve it is to reduce the noise in it if you have a noise-reduction software like Noise Ninja or Neat Image.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    I am not fond of car shots, but this one really works. I like the angle and the light. It is also unusual for this challenge.

The portrait is really good, but I understand your reservations about the number of portraits in the challenge. There is not much that you could crop to make it fill the frame more - maybe a little on the left. I like it as is.

The leaf would be my 3rd choice.

Tough choices. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Maybe I should take that car for a drive, it could help me think better. :D
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    That Lamborghini shot is pretty hot. One way you could improve it is to reduce the noise in it if you have a noise-reducing software like Noise Ninja or Neat Image.

Thanks Allen...I don't have any fancy software unfortunately, just PS Elements 7, but I can play around with it, I definitely understand what you're saying about the noise
    Karin

• Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    I am not fond of car shots, but this one really works. I like the angle and the light. It is also unusual for this challenge.

The portrait is really good, but I understand your reservations about the number of portraits in the challenge. There is not much that you could crop to make it fill the frame more - maybe a little on the left. I like it as is.

The leaf would be my 3rd choice.

Tough choices. ne_nau.gif

Thanks for the input, I do appreciate it!
    Karin

• Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    dlscott56 wrote:
    Maybe I should take that car for a drive, it could help me think better. :D

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Yeah maybe that would help me too!
    Karin