Options

Bus Photography

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited November 18, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I really enjoy shooting during my daily commute so the sub-genre of bus photography is becoming a favourite of mine. Here's today's

714121223_W38DK-L.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• Options
    Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    This is very good. You captured a moment of thought, a moment of peace in a rushing world. Very nice shot Pattithumb.gif
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    This is very good. You captured a moment of thought, a moment of peace in a rushing world. Very nice shot Pattithumb.gif

Thanks Aaron.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    I like this very much. Perhaps burn in the man in the window a bit?

I got in trouble for shooting people on the T (subway in Boston) and have sworn off it. It's kind of a painful memory and I'm not really ready to tell the full story. Suffice it to say that I was described as a "creepy looking old man" by an official.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    That is one nice photo. I really like these type of shots whereby you seem to capture a part of who she is and have us wondering about her.

I suspect if she or others close to her saw this, they would say that you captured her well!
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Very nice, Patti. I agree with Rutt that it would be neat if you could burn in the man outside the window just a bit.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    alexfalexf Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Very nice shot Patti
    AlexFeldsteinPhotography.com
    Nikon D700, D300, D80 and assorted glass, old and new.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    I like this very much. Perhaps burn in the man in the window a bit?

I got in trouble for shooting people on the T (subway in Boston) and have sworn off it. It's kind of a painful memory and I'm not really ready to tell the full story. Suffice it to say that I was described as a "creepy looking old man" by an official.

Sounds like it was pretty bad. What a drag.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    Thanks rainbow, Virginia and alex. I've burned him in and replaced the photo with the background burned.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Patti wrote:
    I really enjoy shooting during my daily commute so the sub-genre of bus photography is becoming a favourite of mine. Here's today's

714121223_W38DK-L.jpg

The 85mm 1.2 LII would eradicate that man!!!!!! Haha.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    damonff wrote:

So would my 85 1.4. :D

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    I assume you have reposted with the "burning man". I liked the original as he is now a distraction, not an enhancement.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    I assume you have reposted with the "burning man". I liked the original as he is now a distraction, not an enhancement.

Laughing.gif I can't win!!! rolleyes1.gif

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    Patti wrote:
    Laughing.gif I can't win!!! rolleyes1.gif

Which is why you have to do want you want for your photo... We are not called "critics" for nothing -- the only given is that you are wrong... eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    Which is why you have to do want you want for your photo... We are not called "critics" for nothing -- the only given is that you are wrong... eek7.gif

rolleyes1.gif So true, so very true.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    damonff wrote:

Well, it could, but that would be a mistake...rolleyes1.gif And though I rarely disagree with Rutt rolleyes1.gif , I don't know that I'd burn the man in - I might, however, burn the subject in a bit. I think having that spectral man hovering in the background lends the photo a great deal, adding an air of mystery to what is otherwise a pretty straightforward - well told - story about careworn passenger on her daily trek. But who is that guy? Is he looking at or for her? Is he a threat to her? What's going on? I want this mystery, and I think that making him more distinct might detract from it.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited November 18, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Well, it could, but that would be a mistake...rolleyes1.gif And though I rarely disagree with Rutt rolleyes1.gif , I don't know that I'd burn the man in - I might, however, burn the subject in a bit. I think having that spectral man hovering in the background lends the photo a great deal, adding an air of mystery to what is otherwise a pretty straightforward - well told - story about careworn passenger on her daily trek. But who is that guy? Is he looking at or for her? Is he a threat to her? What's going on? I want this mystery, and I think that making him more distinct might detract from it.

15524779-Ti.gif Spectral is better. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2009
    thanks for your comments BD and Richard.

patti hinton photography