Options

Advice for #37 Challenge

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited November 15, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Oh boy - as usual...down to the wire! C&C if you please! I have two ideas and don't know which to pursue - if any!:dunno Your advice would be appreciated.

713419170_hLufU-L.jpg

713420478_K3UgY-L.jpg

713419113_oie7A-L.jpg

713419217_JubBW-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    #1 for me. I like the simplicity of the image as well as the colours.

#2 has the same nice tones & great dof but for some reason I find #1 more pleasing.
    #3 has nice dof but lacks the colour for me & there are reflections on the upper surfaces of the cartridges that I find distracting.
    #4 is a very nice image but doesn't work for me give the challenge parameters.

By the way very nice dof in all the images.clap.gif
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Out of these, I would say #2 is the strongest. If you do go with #1, I would crop out the closest one. Uneven numbers are typically more pleasing compositionally. You could also try warming #1 up a bit to pull in the gold tones.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    #2 - I like the sharp focus on the surface of the table (or whatever it is that the bullets are resting on). And the colors are better than #1.

#4 is gorgeous! But I agree with Andman that it is not as much on theme as the others.