Otto flies backwards!

alexfalexf Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
edited November 15, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
and sideways too!

2009 Homestead Air Show

713645774_LFQdo-O.jpg

713645764_V4cHo-O.jpg

713645777_xPSv7-O.jpg

Pilot Roger Buis is a retired Army Master Aviator and has more than 16,500 flight hours. Otto, a Schweizer 300C, has a military history and was used as a TH-55A Osage, the primary trainer from 1964 to 1987 for the Air Force and Army’s helicopter pilots.
AlexFeldsteinPhotography.com
Nikon D700, D300, D80 and assorted glass, old and new.

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    That's very scary looking. I'm assuming he is OK and all of that was intended.

Nice shots thumb.gif
  • traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    nice shots - i was there also....
    you can compare notes at http://kt.smugmug.com/Airplanes

711138942_ssgyN-L-1.jpg

regards...Keith
    Beam me outta here!:winkKT
  • alexfalexf Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Thank you Keith. I have a ton yet to process. Unfortunately the weather sucked (Sunday) when I was there. Got a few sunny shots but most of the ones that should have been nice sots were throwaways due to the dark overcast.
  • alexfalexf Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    That's very scary looking. I'm assuming he is OK and all of that was intended.

Nice shots thumb.gif

Yes it was intended Dan :D

An amazing and talented pilot. Put the little Otto through its paces on a very windy day which made it tough.
  • traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    yep - i hear you there - i took about 1200 clicks to get about 55 usable shots (there were more that were similar, but dupes don't count at 7 frames/second!) I really did a very quick pass to get these as I have been pretty busy and it's really rare for me to click off so many in such a short period - but it was my first air show....

regards...Keith
    alexf wrote:
    Thank you Keith. I have a ton yet to process. Unfortunately the weather sucked (Sunday) when I was there. Got a few sunny shots but most of the ones that should have been nice sots were throwaways due to the dark overcast.
    Beam me outta here!:winkKT
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    I was expecting to see Otto the Autopilot from Airplane. Then I saw the face on the helicopter and . . . :D

Very nice shots! clap.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather