Heading Out

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited November 16, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Dove hunting is in season and these two were heading out this morning.

713718997_8mCk2-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Beautiful use of the sun and silhouettes!!
    What's left of a dove after you hit it with one of those guns?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Beautiful use of the sun and silhouettes!!
    What's left of a dove after you hit it with one of those guns?

Hi Andrew.... Thanks for the comment.....I ran into them while out for my morning walk, and I didn't hang around long, but what I did see was a bunch of birds doing really good..... :D If you were a really good shot my guess would be.... not much....azzaro
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Hi Azzaro - love the atmosphere in this shot. As for Dove hunting: are there too many of them about?

Cheers, Richard.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Such a wonderful feel to this shot . . . except for the part about going hunting for birds! Still, it is a great-looking image with wonderful lighting. Well done, Azzaro!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    A classic shot! Maybe cloning the electric lines but I do like this. thumb.gif
    Only one, or a few pellets hit the bird so they aren't 'blasted' into oblivion unless one is inches away! :D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Nice photo -- I see they each carry their guns a different way...interesting. Beautiful color in this photo. I couldn't take a photo towards the sun and get it to look so good.

My boys use to go Dove hunting, but never shot one. I don't think they're the easiest bird to hit.
    edited November 16, 2009
    R.Jay wrote:
    Hi Azzaro - love the atmosphere in this shot. As for Dove hunting: are there too many of them about?

Cheers, Richard.

Thanks for the comment.......They eat them....There not killed just to be killing them........ azzaro
    edited November 16, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Such a wonderful feel to this shot . . . except for the part about going hunting for birds! Still, it is a great-looking image with wonderful lighting. Well done, Azzaro!

Hi Lauren .... I ran into them while out walking...I talked to them a little bit and shot the pic. while they walked away........ Thanks for the comment...azzaro
    edited November 16, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    A classic shot! Maybe cloning the electric lines but I do like this. thumb.gif
    Only one, or a few pellets hit the bird so they aren't 'blasted' into oblivion unless one is inches away! :D

Hi Eia I thought about cloning the light poles.......Got a little lazy I guess.....Thanks for the comment......azzaro
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Eia I thought about cloning the light poles.......Got a little lazy I guess.....Thanks for the comment......azzaro
    Don't you have an action defined for that yet? Some sort of phone-pole image recognition?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited November 16, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Nice photo -- I see they each carry their guns a different way...interesting. Beautiful color in this photo. I couldn't take a photo towards the sun and get it to look so good.

My boys use to go Dove hunting, but never shot one. I don't think they're the easiest bird to hit.

Hi Mary Kim.....Thanks for the comment ...... The sun was behind a thin veil of clouds...... azzaro
    edited November 16, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Don't you have an action defined for that yet? Some sort of phone-pole image recognition?

rolleyes1.gifI'll go to work on that today....... azzaro