Here's a few from today. C&C please.

713840123_mVxia-L.jpg

713788075_w8u3u-L.jpg

713785509_jHqrR-L.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Non-Pro observations:

Seems like a nice kid. He has a pleasant smile, and looks relaxed working with you.

1. Like the pose, though I think you need to tweak your black and white levels to get a bit better contrast. The image here looks a bit soft, but that might just be the compression.

2. This, I believe, is considered a feminine pose (head tilted toward the upper shoulder). Other, more adept 'togs may clarify this.

3. There is something a bit off in the pose here, IMO. Something about how that back arm is going seems to be throwing off how his head/neck are sitting. Wish I had a better description of what's bothering me, or why.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • JakeEbersoleJakeEbersole Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Non-Pro observations:

Seems like a nice kid. He has a pleasant smile, and looks relaxed working with you.

1. Like the pose, though I think you need to tweak your black and white levels to get a bit better contrast. The image here looks a bit soft, but that might just be the compression.

2. This, I believe, is considered a feminine pose (head tilted toward the upper shoulder). Other, more adept 'togs may clarify this.

3. There is something a bit off in the pose here, IMO. Something about how that back arm is going seems to be throwing off how his head/neck are sitting. Wish I had a better description of what's bothering me, or why.

Thanks for the C&C. I agree about his arm. I have a few more pictures to go through. Hopefully I can find some better ones.

Thanks.
  • CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    a little off topic: While doing portraits, pay attention to the details ie: necktie not done up properly. It's the first thing I saw when I looked at all 3 images.

Thanks for sharing =)
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Camara Photography, LLCCamara Photography, LLC Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Non-Pro observations:

1. could not agree more. soft, but DOF is great, for what he's wearing (see #3 below)!
    2. Agree.
    3. Agree, but better yet... why is he wearing a tie, on a dock, at a lake...? It seems like a nice setting, but his attire, I feel, would look better in a less rural setting. OR Blur the background so you can't tell if he's in an office, or in front of a lake.

I would try a landscape format, putting his eyes at a 1/3 of the pic. This is just a style I really like. Example:
    666527188_7y6jH-L.jpg

Also, I agree with the other poster... Pose someone in position, and BEFORE you put the camera to your face, look at what your taking a picture of, and fix the frigin' tie!
    edited November 18, 2009
    1. could not agree more. soft, but DOF is great, for what he's wearing (see #3 below)!
    2. Agree.
    3. Agree, but better yet... why is he wearing a tie, on a dock, at a lake...? It seems like a nice setting, but his attire, I feel, would look better in a less rural setting. OR Blur the background so you can't tell if he's in an office, or in front of a lake.

I would try a landscape format, putting his eyes at a 1/3 of the pic. This is just a style I really like. Example:
    666527188_7y6jH-L.jpg

Also, I agree with the other poster... Pose someone in position, and BEFORE you put the camera to your face, look at what your taking a picture of, and fix the frigin' tie!

Calm down. I didn't notice the tie until after. If I had a studio I would have done them there, but I don't have one so I'm limited where I can do anything
    edited November 18, 2009
    a little off topic: While doing portraits, pay attention to the details ie: necktie not done up properly. It's the first thing I saw when I looked at all 3 images.

Thanks for sharing =)

I agree. Noob mistake. He was in a hurry (Dept. of Homeland Security meeting) so it was just a quick run, snap, run, snap kinda thing.

Thanks.