Options

San Francisco Faces P1

dychuidychui Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited November 16, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Just a few friendly faces from my adventures in San Francisco :). Thanks for taking a look!

713989218_meFJE-O.jpg

Above: this gentleman was spreading the word :). I am not religious myself but I liked the positive message (instead of the fire and brimstone they used to spit on my college campus).

713989203_god3b-O.jpg

Above: this kid was having a hissy fit... I'm not sure why :). Maybe he didn't want so many bags tied to his royal throne.

690822457_Tbhgp-O.jpg

Above: took this one in the middle of Chinatown. He was standing in the doorway of a shop, writing something on the notepad. He was either taking inventory, or annotating the last known whereabouts of his pants.

All photos taken with Canon 5D and 50MM F1.4, 85mM F1.8, or 35MM F2.

Yay Dgrin! Hi Andy!

Comments

• Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    I like #3 very much. The person in the store seems to be wondering what is going on as am I!!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    Daniel - it's been far too long since you've posted here. Welcome back!

Love your shots.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I like #3 very much. The person in the store seems to be wondering what is going on as am I!!

Virginia

Hi Virginia! Thank you so much for taking a look :). Yeah, he seemed like a nice guy; I took almost 5 shots as I was walking by and he didn't seem to mind a bit!
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Daniel - it's been far too long since you've posted here. Welcome back!

Love your shots.

Thanks Andy :)

I am absolutely tickled pink that you're still using my old photo for your Dgrin avatar... that makes my day!!! Are you still in New York? We should meet up again!
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    dychui wrote:
    Just a few friendly faces from my adventures in San Francisco :). Thanks for taking a look!

Above: took this one in the middle of Chinatown. He was standing in the doorway of a shop, writing something on the notepad. He was either taking inventory, or annotating the last known whereabouts of his pants.

All photos taken with Canon 5D and 50MM F1.4, 85mM F1.8, or 35MM F2.

Yay Dgrin! Hi Andy!

Nice work! (Though I can't for the life of me figure out how Virginia read that much into that totally out-of-focus, faint, dark figure in the background. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif )
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Number three is just excellent. My favourite of the set.

The text in the sign and on the teeshirt in #1 is too separated to keep the photo together. A better shot might have been from lower down to pull the two items together. The thing that scares me about #2 is that that kid could be in any shot from a poverty or war-torn area based on the distress in his face. That there's an "oldnavy.com" logo as well as nice handbag there, sadly, gives it away.