Show "Original" size in galleries??

GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
edited November 16, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'm just curious what some of you think in regards to allowing "original" size to show in galleries? Being that we upload .jpg files and typically in Med to High quality, is this a good practice? Isn't it better of clients don't see that size photos, up close?? Just curious. :huh

Comments

• MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    GoofBckt wrote:
    I'm just curious what some of you think in regards to allowing "original" size to show in galleries? Being that we upload .jpg files and typically in Med to High quality, is this a good practice? Isn't it better of clients don't see that size photos, up close?? Just curious. eek7.gif

You can set largest viewable size in gallery settings.

Malte
  • pjspicspjspics Registered Users Posts: 296 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    GoofBckt wrote:
    I'm just curious what some of you think in regards to allowing "original" size to show in galleries? Being that we upload .jpg files and typically in Med to High quality, is this a good practice? Isn't it better of clients don't see that size photos, up close?? Just curious. eek7.gif
    I find if you only upload at a certain size of image - A x B pixels etc - that even if the customer clicks on Large or XLarge etc. they will only see them at your maximum uploaded size.
    So I would find it pointless having the larger image options if they all give the same sized image and it may lead to the customer thinking that something is not working correctly.

I load my photos at Original size with a watermark.
    What I also do is restrict the customer to seeing X2Large or X3Large as the max. size.
    Reason being is that I have found that even if you protect your images and they are viewed at Original size from the options the customer is also offered the option to SAVE PHOTO
    They cant save it as its protected, but when they click on SAVE PHOTO they are taken to a page where they are told 'The webpage cannot be found' - which I find looks a bit unprofessional.
    There may be a fix for this somewhere in these threads, but I just restrict viewing to X3Large and watermark all my images - this allows a high quality image to be viewed (although watermarked across it) and the SAVE PHOTO option does not appear.

Just my preference.