New Brunswick

dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
edited November 17, 2009 in Landscapes
Photos of my trip to New Brunswick, taken after the shootout at Acadia.

I drove from Bar Harbor to Rexton NB after the shootout (a 7 hour drive). When I got to the B&B I found a note taped to the door saying that they were out picking apples and would be back in a few hours, so please go in and make myself comfortable. I wish I had kept the note.

I went out to eat and drove to Kouchibouguac NP looking for something to shoot. It was overcast and raining, and I was surrounded by tall trees so I couldn't find any good views. I was starting to give up when I crossed a bridge and literally slammed on the brakes when I saw this.

710134196_sUdWR-L-1.jpg
Sunset
Kouchibouguac, NB

710133442_djFmL-L-1.jpg
Covered Bridge
Near French Village, NB

711671665_3xjva-L.jpg
Boardwalk
Saint-Edouard-de-Kent, NB

711671189_EyMoB-L.jpg
Boardwalk
Kouchibouguac National Park, NB

It was so cold in the morning when I took this photo that my 5D froze up and stopped working. Fortunately I had my film camera with me so I was able to keep shooting.

712119808_hyGoW-L.jpg
Heron
Kouchibouguac National Park, NB
Provia 100F
Bronica GS-1 6x7

Thanks.

Comments

• R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Hi Dan, Love the #1 - a real 'right place / right time' shot. I just get the feeling that it is on a bit of an angle to the left.

Cheers, Richard.
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    The shore around "Khouchi" is gorgeous, isn't it? Wonderful images and I'm so glad you took the time to explore.

Although we're moving in a couple of weeks, for the past five years we've lived on a farm adjacent to the Kennebecasis River with a covered bridge right beside our property. Needless to say I have a lot of shots of that spot.

Hope you enjoyed New Brunswick!clap.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    You've done it again! #1 is really the standout shot in this series, because you have the perfect weather and light. I agree about the slight leftward tilt but wow, fantastic. :D
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    R.Jay wrote:
    Hi Dan, Love the #1 - a real 'right place / right time' shot. I just get the feeling that it is on a bit of an angle to the left.

Cheers, Richard.

Thanks Richard. You're right, the image isn't straight. Thanks. thumb.gif
    edited November 17, 2009
    Snowgirl wrote:
    The shore around "Khouchi" is gorgeous, isn't it? Wonderful images and I'm so glad you took the time to explore.

Although we're moving in a couple of weeks, for the past five years we've lived on a farm adjacent to the Kennebecasis River with a covered bridge right beside our property. Needless to say I have a lot of shots of that spot.

Hope you enjoyed New Brunswick!clap.gif

Thanks Ceci. Rexton was my favorite part of the trip.
    edited November 17, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    You've done it again! #1 is really the standout shot in this series, because you have the perfect weather and light. I agree about the slight leftward tilt but wow, fantastic. :D
    Thanks Steph!