Bonus photo! :) Execution isn't perfect, but still a cool shot
697200475_Ad7QE-M-1.jpg

And yours truly, :)
697220443_wXH2e-S-1.jpg

EXIF: D700, 14-24, 70-200

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    quite spectacular. I've looked at these repeatedly. When I saw the first image I sat back and said 'wow'! These have attitude with beauty! :D I really can't decide my favorite except that they are all wowzers!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Josh, I REALLY like your edgy take on a very traditional landscape subject. A photographer after my own heart! :D

I am a big fan of canted angles, but I do have to say that so many tilted shots in one series does get a little bit lean-y. But all the same, great job and I really am looking forward to seeing lots more of your work :ivar

Edited to add: Holy poop I am just LOVING your modeling portfolio. Consider me a new fan!
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    These shots are just stunning and make me feel quite inadequate. I am not sure it's possible to pick a favorite but the 1st one really stands out to me.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Edited to add: Holy poop I am just LOVING your modeling portfolio. Consider me a new fan!

Thank you so much! Check out my facebook fan page to see the latest, including a mini San Francisco e-session! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Josh-Martinez-Photography/161597012845
  • cfrey6cfrey6 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Thank you so much! Check out my facebook fan page to see the latest, including a mini San Francisco e-session! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Josh-Martinez-Photography/161597012845

The 1st tunnel shot is the winner, in my book. Great perspective on that one. I like seeing someone take chances and to think outside the box. very refreshing. I don't think all the shots are keepers here, but a few of them are extraordinary.

BTW, do you own a Lensbaby? #2 made me ask you that.
    edited November 17, 2009
    cfrey6 wrote:
    The 1st tunnel shot is the winner, in my book. Great perspective on that one. I like seeing someone take chances and to think outside the box. very refreshing. I don't think all the shots are keepers here, but a few of them are extraordinary.

BTW, do you own a Lensbaby? #2 made me ask you that.

Nope, no lensbaby. Thanks for the feedback.
  • RxRickRxRick Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Nope, no lensbaby. Thanks for the feedback.
    Wow. These are great.

And what the heck is a lensbaby?

--RxRick
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    RxRick wrote:
    Wow. These are great.

And what the heck is a lensbaby?

--RxRick

I can post a link, but will defer to anyone who actually has one to explain more. lol3.gif

http://www.lensbaby.com/
    edited November 17, 2009
    It's like some cheap, funny little lens that I don't really understand the need for(in the age of photoshop)...someone please enlighten me! :)
  • xelanilxelanil Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    nice, all of them are great, except for #4, that waterfall is a bit too overshot. But besides #4, they're amazing.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Great shots Josh. #1 and #3 do it for me (with the self portrait a close third). thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Very interesting… unique and different. I love #5, and I like #2 a lot as well. Both the tunnel shots are interesting as well.

Only issue I have with these images as a set is that the horizon is so far off on all of them. For an image or two I can see it as stylistic, but as an entire set I get a little vertigo mwink.gif

Still… thanks for posting. The aggression and treatment of them is quite different and I like it!
    edited November 18, 2009
    Laughing.gif...now that a few of you mention it, I see what you mean about the vertigo effect of the canted angles. As a set, it can be a bit much for some. Personally, I love it on an shot by shot basis though. I am no landscape photographer, as such I try to be distinctly non-traditional in my approach. I'll leave the fine art to Ansel Adams. :D