Kansas sunset

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited November 17, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Hello everyone - went on a hunting trip to Kansas (hugoton) this weekend and snapped a couple of a very nice sunset. I had originally thought of getting some wildlife shots.. so all i had on me was my 70-300.. but even at 70mm i thought they turned out ok. As for the hunt, I did manage to get my limit the first day :wink

715092237_B2WZD-L.jpg

715091895_y6r6e-L.jpg

715092016_KGmum-L.jpg

found this guy in the barn - but right after taking this one he looked at me flew away and i swear tried to .. um 'crap on me' :rofl
715092962_a6TeQ-L.jpg

C&C welcomed as always..
Devin
Devin

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Beautiful sunset photos. Reminds me of when I lived in KS. As for the owl doing what you think it might of tried to do....probably was. I had a bald eagle do that to me once rolleyes1.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Nice set of sunsets......limited out...hmmmmm did you share those in the wildlife forum????:Drolleyes1.gifrofl
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    The sunset shots all have a peaceful sense about them. The owl is a very cool capture (and enjoyable with the afterwards...).

So what do you hunt for in Kansas? Congrats on the limit...
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    I particularly like the first two images thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Philip GohPhilip Goh Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    I like the 1st one best. It's has atmosphere and is something I'd associate with Kansas. The others while being technically good, aren't as special as they could have been taken anywhere :)
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    That first one is a postcard! clap.gif
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Beautiful sunset photos. Reminds me of when I lived in KS. As for the owl doing what you think it might of tried to do....probably was. I had a bald eagle do that to me once rolleyes1.gif

Hi Mary Kim - thank you for the kind words, and yes, after taking that pic of the barn owl.. i tried to get a bit closer, but as soon as i took one step further he looked straight at me and took off in my direction. I really thought he was going to attack me rolleyes1.gif
    Art Scott wrote:
    Nice set of sunsets......limited out...hmmmmm did you share those in the wildlife forum????:Drolleyes1.gifrofl

Thanks Art - I didn't take near as many shots as I usually do, plus I didn't think most people would care for the more graphic side of hunting.
    rainbow wrote:
    The sunset shots all have a peaceful sense about them. The owl is a very cool capture (and enjoyable with the afterwards...).

So what do you hunt for in Kansas? Congrats on the limit...

I was hunting for phesant, and could only take 4 roosters a day (no hens).

They really are pretty birds, with beautiful colors on them.
    715096856_t3Avn-L.jpg

my dog thinks he should have been a bird dog rolleyes1.gif
    715096814_cKPBh-L.jpg
    rwells wrote:
    I particularly like the first two images thumb.gif
    Thanks Randy - I really wish I would have brought my 18-55, but I think I'm going back in mid December, that trip I will dedicate more time to photography than to hunting.
    Philip Goh wrote:
    I like the 1st one best. It's has atmosphere and is something I'd associate with Kansas. The others while being technically good, aren't as special as they could have been taken anywhere :)

Thanks Philip - the first one is my favorite in the set as well. thank you for your comments.
    Eia wrote:
    That first one is a postcard!
    why thank you, i may try to print that one and see how it looks
    Devin
  • Quzol1Quzol1 Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    I could see why you would be concerned about the owl attacking. The claws look to be substantial! Nice series.
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Quzol1 wrote:
    I could see why you would be concerned about the owl attacking. The claws look to be substantial! Nice series.

now that i went back and looked, you are right, those talons look rather large. glad he decided he was more afraid of me rolleyes1.gif
    Thanks for commenting Don..
    Devin