Ch: 43, Curved shots

erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
edited July 18, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are four shots for the curves challenge. I'm not sure which one to go with at this point and would like your comments.

Thanks!

Erich

28546423-L.jpg

28546424-L.jpg

28546426-L.jpg

28546427-L.jpg

Comments

• SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    I like the subtle curve in photo #1 the best. I would work with that photo to bring out the focal point.
  • DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    I like the white roof the best. Probably crop it a bit on the base to have even less straight lines showing.
  • JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    Excelent shots, 1 and 4 do not strike me as curves like 2 and 3 do. I am afraid that 3 would loosethe feel being cropped and I like that starkness in 2, I would go with 2.

James.
  • purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    #2 or #3 for sure. thumb.gif

#3 is excellent, but there are some obvious straight lines in there too, so I'm torn between #2, which more fits the challenge and is more to the point, and #3, which has great composition, lighting, and a good idea. Hmmm.
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    I like #2 and #3 the best. The bridge is nice and bold. The sails a bit more subtle, but still very curvy. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    You are right James, I just tried it out, and without the straight lines it somehow seems less curvy because there's no contrast ... know what I mean?
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    Thank you all for the great comments.

I agree #2 or #3 probably work best. I tried changing the composition on #3 while taking the shots but I liked this one the best because I think the straight lines accentuate the cuves more. I think that's why #2 works as well because the road provides a straight line for contrast against the curve.
    I tweaked #2 in Photoshop to darken and give more contrast to the sky. I also saturated the colors more to give it a richer feel. Please let me know what you think....

Erich

28595542-L.jpg
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    Sandy wrote:
    I like the subtle curve in photo #1 the best. I would work with that photo to bring out the focal point.
    I like aspects of #1 but it was hard to get the right composition.... What do you think I can do to bring out the focal point? Crop in and just show one of the curves?
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2005
    I like # 3 the best but #2 is nice and to the point.

Best regards,
    douglas
    Best regards,
    douglas