The International

christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
edited November 20, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Taken near Mayer, AZ

711507102_tL4ZJ-L.jpg

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    wow this does POP! You must have an eye for vehicles! :D What did you do in processing this? Fabulous!
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    I agree with Eia, the colors def pop on this one.. I have been to Mayer, matter of fact, will be going very close to there next week for t-day (prescott valley). Nice post work on the pic thumb.gif
    Devin
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited November 17, 2009
    Hey Christina,

Great shot. It looks like the sort of thing that chases people around in a Steven King novel. I wouldn't want to come across it at night. lol3.gif

Well done. The processing is terrific. thumb.gif
  • christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    wow this does POP! You must have an eye for vehicles! :D What did you do in processing this? Fabulous!

Thanks, Eia! I tried out a couple things in LR and the just did the usual in PS.
    edited November 17, 2009
    00SS wrote:
    I agree with Eia, the colors def pop on this one.. I have been to Mayer, matter of fact, will be going very close to there next week for t-day (prescott valley). Nice post work on the pic thumb.gif

Thanks, Devon! When you are heading into Prescott Valley, you will see a group of pick up trucks on a ridge on the south side near Mayer. We photographed there a couple weeks ago. If you haven't already, be sure to check out Willow Lake and the granite dells.
    edited November 17, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Hey Christina,

Great shot. It looks like the sort of thing that chases people around in a Steven King novel. I wouldn't want to come across it at night. lol3.gif

Well done. The processing is terrific. thumb.gif

Thanks, Richard! :D
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Thanks, Devon! When you are heading into Prescott Valley, you will see a group of pick up trucks on a ridge on the south side near Mayer. We photographed there a couple weeks ago. If you haven't already, be sure to check out Willow Lake and the granite dells.

ah, yes.. i've been to the dells but would love another crack at them with my much improved gear from last time clap.gif Thanks for the tips thumb.gif
    Devin
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009

I thought that was the place. Every time I have been by there the gate is locked. Do you know the person or just got lucky with the gate being open?
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
    edited November 17, 2009
    I got lucky! mwink.gif
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I thought that was the place. Every time I have been by there the gate is locked. Do you know the person or just got lucky with the gate being open?
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Nice rich colors Christina thumb.gif

Those fenders look curiously like a car that I posted a while back. Looks like Nash fenders...
    Randy
    edited November 18, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Nice rich colors Christina thumb.gif

Those fenders look curiously like a car that I posted a while back. Looks like Nash fenders...

Thanks, Randy! The fenders sure do look similar! That was a cool looking car.
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Killer as usual, Christina!
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Howdy Christina,

Love the tones and colors, very nicely done, of course a great subject really helps. My Best friend's Family had one, road many a mile in the back of a truck like that!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 20, 2009
    invisible wrote:
    Killer as usual, Christina!

Thank you, Federico!
    edited November 20, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Christina,

Love the tones and colors, very nicely done, of course a great subject really helps. My Best friend's Family had one, road many a mile in the back of a truck like that!!!

Thank you, Craig! I wish I had been able to spend more time photographing there.