Yard Duty

ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
edited November 20, 2009 in Holy Macro
My mom's camera bag had in it 3 stackable add on lenses that fit my 50mm. They are magnifying lenses marked +1, +2, +4. The other morning when I was out with the dogs waiting for them to do their business I stacked them on my lense to see what I could do with them. Here are some results. The only way I could really see to get them to focus was to move my camera back and forth. Is this how it's done? C&C welcome.

715634569_JsuFs-XL.jpg

715634580_ZV4A6-L.jpg

715634548_fZPJ3-XL.jpg

715634522_j66Rq-XL.jpg

715634494_NnXbW-XL.jpg

715634467_Ywua5-XL.jpg
LadyTX

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Nice ones- esp like #3.
    Yes putting on diopter filter lenses does restrict the focus distance, so it is often easier to move the camera to focus rather than the focus ring.
    If you used all of them on the 50mm you would get about 0.35:1 magnification (ie 10mm of subject gives 3.5mm of image on the sensor).

Brian v.
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Excellent shots. I use close up filters from time to time as well. Forget AutoFocus entirely. I use manual focus and like you use a little movement back and forth the gain the best focus. DOF is typically paper thin so be sure to get what you want in focus as most everything else will be OOF.

Again,very nice series. Thanks for sharing.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Nice ones- esp like #3.
    Yes putting on diopter filter lenses does restrict the focus distance, so it is often easier to move the camera to focus rather than the focus ring.
    If you used all of them on the 50mm you would get about 0.35:1 magnification (ie 10mm of subject gives 3.5mm of image on the sensor).

Brian v.

Thanks Brian. So diopter filter is their name. Nice to learn.
    LadyTX
    edited November 18, 2009
    rhondavid wrote:
    Excellent shots. I use close up filters from time to time as well. Forget AutoFocus entirely. I use manual focus and like you use a little movement back and forth the gain the best focus. DOF is typically paper thin so be sure to get what you want in focus as most everything else will be OOF.

Again,very nice series. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks very much.
    LadyTX
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited November 19, 2009
    edited November 20, 2009
    GOLDENORFE wrote:
    good shots, like #4 best
    phil

Thanks very much Phil.
    LadyTX