Options

Sepia Tone Loving

ErikAllasErikAllas Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited November 17, 2009 in People
Been a while since I posted on this website. Thought I would try to get some critiques on a recent walk/photo outing. All images shot w/20D, Sigma 18-50 F2.8 and 430EX w/diffuser.

MG_0102.jpg
More of a go stand in the tree's and I'll snap some photo's shot.

MG_0101.jpg

MG_0115.jpg
I wanted to get more of the waterfall in the background but the shading and lighting was all wonky.

MG_0105.jpg
Was thinking more along the lines of Blair Witch Project when I took this last one. I stepped in front of her to sorta startle her, I think she was more annoyed I wouldn't get out of her way.

I posted the method of PP on my site if you want to read about it.

Thanks for looking!

-Erik

Comments

• Options
    rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Sorry, these are not doing anything for me. The background in the first two is way too distracting and focus is soft in all of them. I really do not think the sepia lends itself well for these shots. Just my personal opinion, others may disagree.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    rhondavid wrote:
    Sorry, these are not doing anything for me. The background in the first two is way too distracting and focus is soft in all of them. I really do not think the sepia lends itself well for these shots.
    +1 ne_nau.gif
    I would also add that I can't see any BWP here, sorry...rolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    I also agree, the sepia doesn't seem like it fits for the series. Also, none of them are sharp the second one is kinda... Definitely see camera shake. If you were using a flash, try bumping up the shutter speed a bit next time. And with the 2.8 you shouldn't have any issues with shutter speed during the day time.

Jeremy
    Jer