When You Really Want To Catch Some Fish

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited November 20, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Anyone of these will set you back over $ 1 million

716421631_KxY6H-XL.jpg

So will these

716421812_ePixy-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Only $1mil? That's, er, a little more than I'd care to pay for a boat . . . not even a ship but a b-o-a-t. Wow!

As for the photos, I like the first one a lot b/c of the reflections. Would make a nice jigsaw puzzle!

Tom, you always manage to make me smile--thanks!

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Howdy Tom

Gotta catch a lot of fish to pay for one of those! :D Nicely captured. thumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Howdy Tom,

WOW, I had no idea those boats were that expensive, but I'll bet they are much bigger than I think. Are they the ones that go out 30-50 miles out or more?

So which one are you taking Us out on? :D:D:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • PupWebPupWeb Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Not to mention the fuel cost
    These suckers hold anywhere from 1000 -1800 gallon of Diesel. You do the math.

But hey if you can afford one these sport fishers, who complains about gas money.

Hatteras sportfisher boats are the best there is. One day after I win the big one I'll take yall fishing on my new 70ft Hatteras rolleyes1.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Hi Lauren,

Yep, that's a bunch of bucks for a boat. This particular marina ( in St. Augustine, FL ) has probably 50 of these type craft berthed there. It's pretty impressive to see them there all together.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited November 18, 2009
    Hey Jack,

I'm sure none of those guys want to figure out what their cost-per-fish basis would be. The expense of owning, operating and maintaining these things is horrendous. The smartest thing I ever did was to pass on a deal when several of my partners wanted to go together and buy a 57 foot sport fisherman. They did....I didn't. Their moaning and groaning started about a month after they bought the thing and continues to this day....about a year and a half later.

Take care,

Tom
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Hey Jack,

I'm sure none of those guys want to figure out what their cost-per-fish basis would be. The expense of owning, operating and maintaining these things is horrendous. The smartest thing I ever did was to pass on a deal when several of my partners wanted to go together and buy a 57 foot sport fisherman. They did....I didn't. Their moaning and groaning started about a month after they bought the thing and continues to this day....about a year and a half later.

Take care,

Tom
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I hear ya Tom. The second happiest day of my life was the day I bought a 35' Pearson yawl. Care to guess what the happiest day was? Not counting the day I married my wife of course. :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:

I hear ya Tom. The second happiest day of my life was the day I bought a 35' Pearson yawl. Care to guess what the happiest day was? Not counting the day I married my wife of course. :D

rolleyes1.gif

But they come with the towers for you to take nice snapshots from. I bet they would throw in a mounting bracket for your 1200mm lens, too...
    edited November 19, 2009
    Yo Craig,

Yea, the pricing on these things gets out of sight in a hurry. The electronics package alone can easily run over $100,000. You can take these boats as far offshore as your nerves will allow. I've been on a couple when we ran down to the Bahamas.

Take care,

Tom
    edited November 19, 2009
    Hi PupWeb,

You're dead right. If you are concerned over fuel cost, you better not own and operate one of these things.

Tom
  • PupWebPupWeb Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:

When you sold your boatrolleyes1.gif .

I have a 25' Wellcraft cruiser I trailer to the local lake Jordan in NC. My wife loves going to the lake to unwind, she says the boat is cheaper than paying a therapist.

We are hoping for one last trip this weekend.
    edited November 20, 2009
    Hey rainbow,

There won't be much picture taking going on from those towers. Unless the water is like glass, the last place you want to be is on the top of one of those things. In rough water, it'll scare you to death. Thanks for looking in.

Tom