This afternoon's sunset

NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited November 18, 2009 in Landscapes
716385353_ySfdW-L.jpg

Comments

• craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Pretty. This has to be HDR, right? If so, it's reasonably subtle.

Comp-wise, the shot seems overly weighted to the right. Not only the sunset, but the dead tree and the little stream running in from the bottom-right corner are all on the right, and there's not much on the left but open space. I wonder what it would have looked like if you had been standing on the other side of the stream and up a bit further so it and the dead tree were more to the left, and the dead tree could then be a bit more prominent?

The colors are great, though.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2009
    Thanks for the reply, Craig. It's a single exposure, not HDR, but I can understand why you think it was; I think I've overcooked the contrast a little.

I fully agree with your comments in regard to composition and I would have by far preferred to have the tree over to the left, but unfortunately that wasn't an option. I was actually there to shoot wildlife (except there wasn't much about) and the shot was taken with me partly hanging out of one of the small viewing windows of a hide. There was no other access, so my choices were limited, but I couldn't resist that sky!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 17, 2009
    Beautiful scene. I would have guessed HDR as well. Love the sunset reflection in the stream. Nice job. thumb.gif

-joel
  • NyteNyte Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Thanks, Joel. :)