Options

Cart crisis - I'm losing money

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited July 16, 2005 in SmugMug Support
If I don't have items priced in my galleries or portfolio customers are able to buy them at my cost!! Before they were not offered for sale to my customers.

Whats Up?

Greg
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• Options
    audiaudi Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    Bodley wrote:
    If I don't have items priced in my galleries or portfolio customers are able to buy them at my cost!! Before they were not offered for sale to my customers.

Whats Up?

Greg
    hey greg, make sure that when you set your gallery or portfolio prices you put a "0" in the price boxes for those items you dont want to sell. If you leave them blank, I think it lists them at base price. I had the same problem, dont fret beer.gif
    "See how willingly Nature poses herself upon photographers' plates. No earthly chemicals are so sensitive as those of the human soul. "
    -John Muir

http://www.austinbphotography.com

Nature Photographers Community
    Founding Member
    http://www.smugmug.com/community/NaturePhotographers
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    audi wrote:
    hey greg, make sure that when you set your gallery or portfolio prices you put a "0" in the price boxes for those items you dont want to sell. If you leave them blank, I think it lists them at base price. I had the same problem, dont fret beer.gif
    Yes, it's my fault. Smugmugs excellent support replied with this same answer - I didn't read the entire pricing help page.

However if reports were available for at cost sales I would have found "my" error sooner and made some money on some sales. Now I don't know how many people bought from my site at cost and how much money I lost :bash !!!!!!!
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"