New member to the forum

LarryPLarryP Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited November 30, 2009 in People
New member to the forum, just wanted to post a couple of my favorite shots that I've taken lately for comments! I just do this on the side for friends and family. I was doing weddings for a while, but I don't have any examples with me here at work, I'll have to add them later.

346627271_UDCCU-L-1.jpg

522887981_cCofS-L-2.jpg

525501048_V2N3x-L-2.jpg

632359085_stQuN-L-2.jpg

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Welcome. Really like #2.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Welcome! I hope to see more from you soon:) #2 is my favorite out of these.

Caroline
  • Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Welcome to Digital Grinclap.gifclapclap.gif

1 would be the best if it was not for the her eyes not looking directly into the camera.

IMHO, I would give it up for 4...
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    I really like 1. It's as though she's wrapped up in her own little world and I can forgive her for not wanting to share mine w/ mutual eye contact. looking at that shot, the last thing I'd wanna do is disturb her; she just looks sooooo at peace. Wonderful shot!!!

#2 is nice, as is the last one.... 3 just doesn't do it for me because of the mixed attire and camera angle.
    Hope to see more of your work!
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    I really love 1! She looks like a little angel there. Nice capture.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    Hi Larry,
    welcome to Dgrin and people forums! clap.gif
    I really like #2 thumb.gif
    Best regards!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    I agree with Nik.....#2 is your best shot.

The other three, to one degree or other, each exhibit the dreaded shadows caused by using a shoe mounted flash for fill at too much power. Dial it back a bit!thumb.gif

By the way, I am very familiar with the location where #2 was shot. Here are a handful shot in that same area. All shot within 100 yards or less of 'ol 333. Good to see another local shooter posting here. Welcome to Dgrin.

238094874_aj7HR-S-5.jpg501645393_wnNXx-S-2.jpg
    501646766_GvxsW-S-2.jpg
    265184364_KQWeT-M-2.jpg
    522350642_w6ner-S-1.jpg
    269071494_cshYy-S-1.jpg
    269086948_BQzpv-S-1.jpg
    504560550_8mZkw-M.jpg
    504524844_bYVc8-S.jpg
  • LarryPLarryP Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    I know where each and every one of these were shot! I have many in the same locations. It seems like every bride or every senior I have taken photos of requests to meet downtown by the capital. I guess that we are blessed to have such an excellent place with many different scenes though!

Love your work! I will have to post a few more of mine from these areas when I am at home.

Thank you all for the comments and compliments! I am ALWAYS looking for better ways to shoot. I will be posting more of my work for critiques later on!
    edited November 23, 2009
    LarryP wrote:
    I know where each and every one of these were shot! I have many in the same locations. It seems like every bride or every senior I have taken photos of requests to meet downtown by the capital. I guess that we are blessed to have such an excellent place with many different scenes though!

Love your work! I will have to post a few more of mine from these areas when I am at home.

Thank you all for the comments and compliments! I am ALWAYS looking for better ways to shoot. I will be posting more of my work for critiques later on!

Here are a couple more from that area, just happened to remember that I had them on Shutterstock.com

stock-photo-sexy-blonde-on-the-tracks-740172.jpg

stock-photo-hot-blonde-on-the-tracks-740166.jpg
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    For me the first shot is a tosser. The fact of both feet being cropped off are the deal breaker.

The second is better....even though I find the pose awkward and unatural (her left arm). Still though.....you have part of her foot out of the frame. That left rail bothers me most. Rather than using it to lead the eye to the subject, it follows the edge of the frame into and out of the other end of the photo.

Both shots....IMHO...could use a push in exposure and contrast.....to add some punch!thumb.gif
    edited November 30, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    For me the first shot is a tosser. The fact of both feet being cropped off are the deal breaker.

The second is better....even though I find the pose awkward and unatural (her left arm). Still though.....you have part of her foot out of the frame. That left rail bothers me most. Rather than using it to lead the eye to the subject, it follows the edge of the frame into and out of the other end of the photo.

Both shots....IMHO...could use a push in exposure and contrast.....to add some punch!thumb.gif

Honestly... I totally agree with you. Those were actually the VERY first portrait type photography that I ever shot. I had no clue about posing at the time. A friend had asked for a favor, so I did my best to help her out.

I agree with each of your comments though! After shooting these, I started analyzing what I had done and then started digging a little more into how to pose and expose. Of course I'm still learning!!

Larry