2:1 ratio prints?

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited November 19, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
How would one get this type of print through smugmug? I like this format of size but cannot find it in whats offered on smug. I use to get my prints done locally at this size...but the company closed its doors in Alaska then went bankrupt nationally. Anyway of talking bay photo to do it in metalic?? Who else would use this? Any suggestions on how I can manage this type of print ratio?

Comments

• pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    How would one get this type of print through smugmug? I like this format of size but cannot find it in whats offered on smug. I use to get my prints done locally at this size...but the company closed its doors in Alaska then went bankrupt nationally. Anyway of talking bay photo to do it in metalic?? Who else would use this? Any suggestions on how I can manage this type of print ratio?

Just print it in the wrong ratio with no cropping. They'll leave white borders on the top and bottom that you just have to cut off.

Dave
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    We have 2:1 from both labs available

http://www.smugmug.com/prints/catalog/ABP#Prints
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited November 18, 2009
    I looked earlier today and was frustrated that I couldn't find it. Now I see it but they are offering a 1:2 ratio. Will they rotate for a 2:1 landscape image verses the portrait? Also I would like it in metalic but not seeing it offered in a 20x10 size.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited November 19, 2009
    Never mind...I got my answer. I was looking at the wrong print which it was why there was needing a crop on. I got it to work. Thanks for your time.