Options

Right to Pass

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited November 19, 2009 in Street and Documentary
This gentlemen survives on the generosity of passersby who appreciate his dedication to cleaning and hand polishing brass trim on the famous stars on Hollywood Boulevard.

717584902_AuPXj-L.jpg

comments welcome and encouraged

Comments

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    When I look at this photo many thoughts and emotions run through my mind. Good photo Angelo thumb.gif It really speaks out.
  • Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Without the explanation I'm afraid that much would have been lost in this image as it's a little too far away to really make out what the fellow is doing. I'm actually o.k. with that and appreciate the accompaniment, though. Nice shot, Angelo.
    Travis
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Angelo,
    that's pretty neat!
    Too bad it needs an explanation (e.g. he's not polishing brass at the moment), but still very cool! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 19, 2009
    hey guys thanks for the comments.

I offered up an explanation just to give you a sense of what I stumbled upon but by itself I think the image of a legless man sitting in the middle of a busy sidewalk is interesting.

Thanks for looking.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Angelo wrote:
    hey guys thanks for the comments.

I offered up an explanation just to give you a sense of what I stumbled upon but by itself I think the image of a legless man sitting in the middle of a busy sidewalk is interesting.

Thanks for looking.

I took a look at this photo again really late last night. I to saw the legless man among all those that could walk. That's why it brought on so many emotions when I looked at it the first time.

As for the explanation you gave......some seem to think you needed to give one, but I think you just told what you saw and how you felt. Am I wrong in that assumption? When I look at a posted photo I don't read what the photographer writes or comments that have been made till after I look at the photo myself and see it for what I see in the photo. Am I weird doing it that way?

For a street photo I think you hit this one "dead on" in my opinion :Dthumb.gif
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Angelo wrote:
    This gentlemen survives on the generosity of passersby who appreciate his dedication to cleaning and hand polishing brass trim on the famous stars on Hollywood Boulevard.

717584902_AuPXj-L.jpg

comments welcome and encouraged

Great subject - good stuff going on - closer, closer, closer! :Dclap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    His name is John. I photographed him a few years ago when I was in LA. He polishes the brass stars in the sidewalk on Hollywood Blvd.

Nice shot, but I agree, should be closer.