One Room, Two Rooms

invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
edited November 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I'm still editing images from my Saskatchewan trip of a month ago. Here's a couple taken in an abandoned farmhouse.

p184227459-4.jpg

p338571439-4.jpg

Thanks for looking.
I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
Website / Flickr

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    I like these, but I like doors and doors inside an old house -- even better thumb.gif

Someone asked me once why I take photos of doors and door handles. Told him there's a story to them...who touched it, life beyond the door, etc. Then he got my reason for taking a photo like that.
  • RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Not sure which one I like better. The first has that upward angle and wall color that makes it rather cool. I like the second shot with the double doors though. I think it would have been worth trying to take a shot of the doors opened the same distance, but still very nice.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Whenever I see photos like this, I think, "At one time, this was brand new and beautiful and someone was probably quite happy to be moving in." Like Mary said..there's a story here. The textures and all the wall colors I find very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Howdy Federico,

WOW, these images just pop with detail, texture, and color, really great Compositions and the perspective you've chose adds to the strength of the shots.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like these, but I like doors and doors inside an old house -- even better thumb.gif

Someone asked me once why I take photos of doors and door handles. Told him there's a story to them...who touched it, life beyond the door, etc. Then he got my reason for taking a photo like that.
    I've had a photo-fixation with old doors and doorknobs for a few months now. They've become magnetic to me, I can't explain it.

Thanks for your comments, Mary!

Federico
    Website / Flickr
    edited November 19, 2009
    Ridgetop wrote:
    Not sure which one I like better. The first has that upward angle and wall color that makes it rather cool. I like the second shot with the double doors though. I think it would have been worth trying to take a shot of the doors opened the same distance, but still very nice.
    Someone on another forum said the same thing. I think that a wider opening of the door would have made a positive difference, although maybe not opened the exact same distance. A matter of taste, of course.

Thanks for your feedback, Ridgetop, much appreciated.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
    edited November 19, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    Whenever I see photos like this, I think, "At one time, this was brand new and beautiful and someone was probably quite happy to be moving in." Like Mary said..there's a story here. The textures and all the wall colors I find very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    Ever since I've been shooting in locations like this, I've been wondering if my own place will one day look like this, and what would need to happen with my life for that to happen :)

Thanks, Elaine!

Federico
    Website / Flickr
    edited November 19, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Federico,

WOW, these images just pop with detail, texture, and color, really great Compositions and the perspective you've chose adds to the strength of the shots.
    Thank you very much, Craig, glad you enjoyed these!

Federico
    Website / Flickr