Options

Quiet around here...

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited November 24, 2009 in Weddings
So I think I'll do something about it.
I have been neck deep into this set all day while working on the album and it just occured to me that I never shared any from their wedding. So here ya go.

697847081_pxisG-L.jpg

697900217_pjYei-L.jpg

697861968_bPWq6-L.jpg

4a & b. No peeking...

697852550_WeiWJ-M.jpg
697851619_KrHnA-M.jpg

5. The first glimpse

697873756_wyqMx-M.jpg

690304987_oqXZ8-XL.jpg

690305268_Eb39V-L.jpg

697879273_QyfUu-L.jpg

697891718_neftC-L.jpg

697891031_ize3J-L.jpg

11 a & b. When she was picking the photos for her album her hubbie gave her these instructions: "I don't care what you pick... so long as you get all the piggy back ones."
697893209_sXeYm-M.jpg
697893461_w8xrt-M.jpg

...er... and 11 c.
697892882_dxheV-M.jpg

11. (Left the car in so we could use it for 5 x 7s)
697898086_PrUYX-M.jpg

12. a candid. She sure is gorgeous. :lust
697923638_bxqNJ-L.jpg

13. Walking down the aisle:
697946131_uNSPx-L.jpg

Dog/ringbearer

697954605_XQpbM-L.jpg

15. This group was doing an imprompto group portrait on their own. I got one first with everyone and their whole heads... and then took this. Risky, but I like this one sooo much better than the other.
697975524_r49u3-L.jpg

697997374_tb9fw-L.jpg

697999797_2FAPn-L.jpg

18. And my absolute favorite dancing photo. She is such a cutie!
698001811_8XUbU-L.jpg

C & C welcome and appreciated!
:lust

Comments

• Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Good idea, Heather! Maybe I'll dig up some I didn't share yet...

Really love 6, 8 and 12....my she is something. That skin!!! Reminds me of Gabrielle Union.

15 I might have cropped from the bottom for, er, obvious reasons :)

Love the processing in all the reception photos. TRA pool party? Inquiring minds :D
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2009
    urbanaries wrote:
    Good idea, Heather! Maybe I'll dig up some I didn't share yet...

Really love 6, 8 and 12....my she is something. That skin!!! Reminds me of Gabrielle Union.

15 I might have cropped from the bottom for, er, obvious reasons :)

Love the processing in all the reception photos. TRA pool party? Inquiring minds :D

Oooh!! Goody!! I have been just bored out of my brains with very few new weddings to drool over in here... I swear I am not on here ALLL day... just while importing... or actioning... or whatever else. I'm gonna hold you to it!

To answer question: I can't even remember what I did. It was a while ago, but probably something like you said. I can't remember if I had the actions then..... This one was like 5 weddings ago.

And her skin had quite a bit of help. But still she is one hot lady. And I left the boobers in 15 since there would be zero photos of the top of her dress if I cropped all that had large amounts of cleavage. Don't think her honey minds though.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Aw, adorable couple! Haha ... was about to say something about her boobies in #15 too, I would just stamp-erize them a bit, so they don't look like they're falling out mwink.gif

REALLY like the portrait of the groom, #6 (what a CUTE shot!!) , #8 & 11b clap.gif

I need to dig out some pics from my season too, I just didn't get to anything recently ...rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Don't take this wrong, but 4b is my fave! That's so cool of a shot, with him hiding his face behind the magazine or whatever it is. There are plenty others shots I really dig here, and as a whole, they're all looking groovalicious!
    Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Aw, adorable couple! Haha ... was about to say something about her boobies in #15 too, I would just stamp-erize them a bit, so they don't look like they're falling out mwink.gif

REALLY like the portrait of the groom, #6 (what a CUTE shot!!) , #8 & 11b clap.gif

I need to dig out some pics from my season too, I just didn't get to anything recently ...rolleyes1.gif
    Ok, Angie, consider yourself under obligation to get some photos posted!:poke :giggle No holding out on us! And there is no law saying it has to be your most recent one. But if I am wrong, just have the moderator kick you out.

Well, now that you mention it, I might actually pull up the line on her gown. I have done that a time or two... But seriously, I usually save that sort of detail work for the portraits that might go on the wall.
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2009
    Weisel wrote:
    Don't take this wrong, but 4b is my fave! That's so cool of a shot, with him hiding his face behind the magazine or whatever it is. There are plenty others shots I really dig here, and as a whole, they're all looking groovalicious!

Groovalicious... hmmm! What a compliment! Love it! :giggle
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    Beautiful work here. What a gorgeous couple! It seems that you can turn any setting into a perfect photo backdrop. Even a plain ol' fence looks romantic! There's something subtly sexy about #6- I don't even care that her nose is cut in half by his ear.

Caroline
  • Options
    jrmyrnsmjrmyrnsm Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    #6iloveyou.gif

Great stuff here!thumb.gif I have been really bad about sharing my work too... I'll have to get a wedding or two together to share...ne_nau.gif
    Georgia based wedding photographer shooting all Fuji and loving every second of it!

My Website My Blog DPChallenge
  • Options
    CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    Oooooooo :wow :wow

I'm with Caroline....LOVE 6. The peach fuz on his ear is just a hair distracting (pun, hah!), but I still love this.

Second only to 6, I love 9 too! This says to me....we snuck away! Love it! thumb.gifthumb.gif

Great work, as always. I love it when you all dig up stuff you haven't shared yet!!! wings.gif

(just previewed my post.....i said "love" too many times, i know....easy to get carried away when viewing your work.)

~jb
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:

See... and I was hoping for a 15b! Ha!!!

These are wonderful Heather. Def seeing those TRA actions at work here. Seems you found super fun happy, and boutwell magic glasses too ehh?

Great stuff! I think I like the 11's and 17/18. 10 is pretty awesome too!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2009
    mmmatt wrote:
    See... and I was hoping for a 15b! Ha!!!

Matt
    You are so naughty...:giggle

But you are probably right about what actions I used.
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2009
    jrmyrnsm wrote:
    #6iloveyou.gif

Great stuff here!thumb.gif I have been really bad about sharing my work too... I'll have to get a wedding or two together to share...ne_nau.gif

Yea! Get on that! We need more stuff on here! cheerleader.gif
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2009
    Beautiful work here. What a gorgeous couple! It seems that you can turn any setting into a perfect photo backdrop. Even a plain ol' fence looks romantic! There's something subtly sexy about #6- I don't even care that her nose is cut in half by his ear.

Caroline
    Thanks!
    Well up here in Alaska with all of our very rustic "venues" I guess it is an important skill to make the ordinary look romantic. So I am glad that somehow you think I succeed at that! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2009
    CTUphoto wrote:
    Oooooooo :wow :wow

I'm with Caroline....LOVE 6. The peach fuz on his ear is just a hair distracting (pun, hah!), but I still love this.

Second only to 6, I love 9 too! This says to me....we snuck away! Love it! thumb.gifthumb.gif

Great work, as always. I love it when you all dig up stuff you haven't shared yet!!! wings.gif

(just previewed my post.....i said "love" too many times, i know....easy to get carried away when viewing your work.)

~jb
    :giggle
    You can say "love" as many times as you want, especially when referring to my work! :giggle Thank you!
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    Thanks!
    Well up here in Alaska with all of our very rustic "venues" I guess it is an important skill to make the ordinary look romantic. So I am glad that somehow you think I succeed at that! iloveyou.gif

I'd make (and have made, I think) the same comment - you make the ordinary EXTRAordinary.

And yeah, june is certainly bustin' out all over in some of these... rolleyes1.gif

Great set, Heather - they look so darned happy! You really caught some wonderful bubbly moments from them. Was the day as much fun as it looks like it was?

ETA: I'm all for Super Fun Happy. It's one of the ones in the demo, and now I have it? You BET I'm gonna use it, ubiquitous or not :D
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Very nice set! I love #7. He seemed to be VERY happy to be getting married. You did a great job capturing the emotion!

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• Options
    metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Thanks!
    As I was going through the set I just kept thinking that you always seem to make the simple and mundane look fantastic! bowdown.gifThen I saw everyone else's comments to that effect,too. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    I'd make (and have made, I think) the same comment - you make the ordinary EXTRAordinary.

And yeah, june is certainly bustin' out all over in some of these... rolleyes1.gif

Great set, Heather - they look so darned happy! You really caught some wonderful bubbly moments from them. Was the day as much fun as it looks like it was?

ETA: I'm all for Super Fun Happy. It's one of the ones in the demo, and now I have it? You BET I'm gonna use it, ubiquitous or not :D

Ok, thanks a bunch... now I have that song in my head.... "june is bustin' out all oOver.."
    It really was a fun day. They kept things mellow with zero bridesmaids/ groomsmen and it was such a treat to be able to focus so completely on the bride and groom.
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2009
    dawssvt wrote:
    Very nice set! I love #7. He seemed to be VERY happy to be getting married. You did a great job capturing the emotion!

Thanks Dawson! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2009
    met wrote:
    As I was going through the set I just kept thinking that you always seem to make the simple and mundane look fantastic! bowdown.gifThen I saw everyone else's comments to that effect,too. clap.gif

Maybe it has something to do with the light. I looked around the property for some good light, and the fence was really close to the ONLY place that worked really well. But thanks!