Options

Wedding Ring

PrettyKittyPrettyKitty Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited November 25, 2009 in Weddings
My fiance' actually has an OLD engagement ring from some previous girlfriend which we've decided to sell to fund our wedding.. hahaha.... I have a much different ring so this one is just taking up space. But I thought i'd give me a chance to practice taking shots of wedding rings.... which I've never been great at. I didn't have many props around so I resorted to some flowers he'd bought me recently. Any C&C welcome... then maybe I'll get around to taking a nice picture of MY ring! (I'm practicing to shoot my neice's wedding next year... so be brutally honest! I have a little over 6 months to get ready for her wedding!

Which one do you like best?
p97875371-4.jpg

p351288364-4.jpg

p374046255-4.jpg

p246176545-4.jpg

p84107227-4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TGAllenTGAllen Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    I like 3 and 4 the best.
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
  • Options
    lisarhinehartlisarhinehart Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    I personally like 1 :) Nice work
    Lisa
    My Website
  • Options
    905Apertures905Apertures Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited November 23, 2009
    Forget the practicing - the shots are great. Maybe not the ultra close up, but for style, placement and focus - you're right on the mark with the rest. Good job - your niece will be uber-happy with your work too !
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    I like the posing of the ring in 1 and 2 better than in the others. And, #1 is my favorite of the group ... though I would do something about that dark area in the upper left corner and a bit more DOF wouldn't hurt either.

#3, #4 - the ring position is not up-lifting - it's drooping.

#5 - The posing is much better here, but the ring is a bit too centered. Also, the two right corners need some attention.

All of them show remarkable focus - they appear, at this resolution, to be just tack sharp. And, that's hard to do sometimes. Well done, indeed!
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    #1 is my favorite, then #4. These both seem to have the best focus. Nice work :ivar

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• Options
    PrettyKittyPrettyKitty Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Thanks!
    I like the posing of the ring in 1 and 2 better than in the others. And, #1 is my favorite of the group ... though I would do something about that dark area in the upper left corner and a bit more DOF wouldn't hurt either.

#3, #4 - the ring position is not up-lifting - it's drooping.

#5 - The posing is much better here, but the ring is a bit too centered. Also, the two right corners need some attention.

All of them show remarkable focus - they appear, at this resolution, to be just tack sharp. And, that's hard to do sometimes. Well done, indeed!

Thanks! yeah I was using a macro lens and even after it autofocused, i'd dial in a manual focus to make sure i was hitting the right part of the ring. :) I do have a tendancy to use too shallow of a DOF so I'll work on that.

Thanks for the comments!