[GORIO] - My Heaven on Earth

GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited December 2, 2009 in Landscapes
When I shot this scene I wanted to bring out the sky and the waves at the same time. I decided that in order for me to do this is converting it to Monochrome. For me the stillness of the rocks amidst the fury of the waves and the calmness of the clouds/ sky complements each other like yin and yang..
ISO 50 l 20mm l f16 l 1" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L
4114764986_e78ab0c5e8_o.jpg

Thanks for Looking.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
  • GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    I love it clap.gif

thanks dl for liking it. i hope all is well cheers!iloveyou.gif
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."
  • Mark LedinghamMark Ledingham Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    This is an image you can look at for hours(!). Excellent shot. Did you use any filters on the sky?
    All the best from northern Norway,
    Mark Ledingham

Please visit Mark Ledingham Photography ...You might just like it!
    edited November 21, 2009
    This is an image you can look at for hours(!). Excellent shot. Did you use any filters on the sky?

thanks mark for taking time to comment. I used .9 ndgrad se for the sky (square filters hitech brand)wings.gif
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    I agree with your assessment of the photo's strengths. It has an emotional feel to it that elevates it above other seascape shots.
    edited November 22, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    I agree with your assessment of the photo's strengths. It has an emotional feel to it that elevates it above other seascape shots.

thanks rainbow for the comment, really appreciate that,iloveyou.gif
  • eMOJOeMOJO Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    Great shot Gorio, your composition is spot on... I love how the movement of the foreground water leads you out into the waves... well done thumb.gif
    If you can't see the bright side of life...
    POLISH THE DARK SIDE

edited November 24, 2009
    eMOJO wrote:
    Great shot Gorio, your composition is spot on... I love how the movement of the foreground water leads you out into the waves... well done thumb.gif

thanks emojo for dropping by, cheers budy!rolleyes1.gif
  • MooreDrivenMooreDriven Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    I agree with Mark. This is an image I could study for a while. Very nice shot.
  • Sublim3Sublim3 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    I love how you capture the movement in the water. It makes an ordinary picture into something extraordinary. Good control of light and excellent use of filters.
    Mitch
    mitcht.smugmug.com