Options

How hard is this??

David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
edited November 22, 2009 in Sports
I shoot for a couple local High Schools and have always wondered one question. It is something I have never seen the answer to.

When the team you are shooting for is getting blown out what do you do? I have shot Cheerleaders and fans but when shooting for the losing team it does not work real well.. Only if the second string shows up late in the game.

I was on the losing end of a 49-0 thumping by a team that was 3 yards Wing T and a cloud of dust offense because, they knew it would show next to nothing to the next team and they would smoke the team I was shooting for.

This applies to LAX, Soccer and every other sport. What do you folks do when it is over for your team?? Do you sell pictures from blowouts?? I have at times found different angles and cheerleaders but would love to hear what everyone else does..

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    David, Keep a shooting! Most parents and players won't remember or care it was a blow out as long as the photos are good. Who lost the Super Bowl three years ago. Who knows and who cares but I bet there are some really nice photos of them somewhere! I bet you have photos of your daughters who didn't win a certain dance competition but you have the photos anyway don't you? Let's get together this week for a cup of java.
  • Options
    StevenSzaboStevenSzabo Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    I shoot almost entirely motorsports, and I'm not sure if it would translate well, but I just try to get shots of them looking like they're doing well. lol...I have shots of the slowest person on track "winning" against the fastest person on track simply because I was there to get the shot right before the slower rider got his doors blown off. ;)
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    I do not sell shots, so cannot answer your specific question. My thoughts as a sport parent and coach is that after the game, they will not be in any mood to buy shots. If you post online, then they will buy what they like, no matter the result of the game (after a little time has passed). Just don't isolate that set of shots in its own gallery to remind them of the results.
  • Options
    tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    when it's over for my team, I tend to yak it up with moms and dads, hand out cards, remind them that I have several galleries with their kids in a much better position.

I try to load the previously shot games onto my iTouch to show during these times....
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    Thanks for the help folks... Got some nice shots from that blowout just one of those questions I have always wanted to ask... Jester... You got my email let me know when... :-)