my 1st D700 shots

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited November 30, 2009 in People
Headshots are perfect with the full frame and the 85mm 1.4. I am basically at the minimum focusing distance of the lens and shot these wide open. I was also playing with the "Print" portion of lightroom to create the triptychs. Lighting was just a window in the morning..over cast!

719980663_gWqhV-L.jpg

719980449_b8Qiy-XL.jpg

719753739_XWVAt-L.jpg

719757501_tDhLw-L.jpg
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    They look amazing!! wings.gif Can't wait till I get a D700 in a couple months.
    Jer
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    These are absolutely *amazing* (gorgeous baby, too - he looks like he's doing great iloveyou.gif) The triptych with your wife in particular is going to be cherished for a long time - in addition to purty camerawork, her expression is just magic.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    awww, very, very cute. Beautiful baby and it looks like you put the D700 / 1.4 to great use!! thumb.gifclap.gif It's a fun lens, I took it out today too and shot some shots (for myself for one / doesn't happen very often) ... and boy do I love it!! iloveyou.gif
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    Congrats on the new cam and these stellar shots! Adore that set with your wife. Sooooo sweet. I like the kind of desaturated look to these. Very nice! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    edited November 21, 2009
    Oh, and Quarik, a question (for you or anybody else who's doing these LR print-layout spreads): I now have figured out how to arrange the photos in one (thanks to whoever suggested the temp/quick collection!), but now how do I export/save it like that without acutally printing it? Every time I try to "export", it takes the individual photos and not the composite I've made in the print module. I love LR, but sometimes find the interface baffling headscratch.gif
    edited November 21, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Oh, and Quarik, a question (for you or anybody else who's doing these LR print-layout spreads): I now have figured out how to arrange the photos in one (thanks to whoever suggested the temp/quick collection!), but now how do I export/save it like that without acutally printing it? Every time I try to "export", it takes the individual photos and not the composite I've made in the print module. I love LR, but sometimes find the interface baffling headscratch.gif

Go to the bottom right corner and click "print to file." thumb.gif

PS - Under the Print Job tab, make sure you have "Print to: JPEG file" selected.

I'm not sure if this addresses what you meant by using the temp/quick collection, but while in the develop or library modes, I just use the ctrl button and click on the photos I want to use, click over to the Print module, and the photos I chose show up there. If only one shows up, it's because the current template up only allows one photo. If I choose a different template, the others show up and I can tweak away.
    Elaine

edited November 21, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    Go to the bottom right corner and click "print to file." thumb.gif

PS - Under the Print Job tab, make sure you have "Print to: JPEG file" selected.

I'm not sure if this addresses what you meant by using the temp/quick collection, but while in the develop or library modes, I just use the ctrl button and click on the photos I want to use, click over to the Print module, and the photos I chose show up there. If only one shows up, it's because the current template up only allows one photo. If I choose a different template, the others show up and I can tweak away.

They show up, but I couldn't change the order without making a temp collection first (as somebody else suggested)

Thanks for the info on "print to file" - I knew there MUST be something like that (I use a print-to-file pdf creator) but couldn't find it!
  • toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    impressive
    All great shots -- something about the one with your baby's eyes closed that is especially sweet. Very nice.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    Beautiful shots and sweet light. Enjoy the camera.
    I like the processing here as well.
    The hand coming back into the frame in #4 is a bit distracting to me, but the wee one is so cute anyhow....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited November 22, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    They show up, but I couldn't change the order without making a temp collection first (as somebody else suggested)

Thanks for the info on "print to file" - I knew there MUST be something like that (I use a print-to-file pdf creator) but couldn't find it!

Ahh, yes. The order! I knew I wasn't remembering something about that. I haven't run into that issue, yet, but I know I will. Thanks for reminding me of that tip.
    Elaine

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    Adorable photos!

Enjoy the new camera.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    thanks for looking and commenting all!:D
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    These are beautiful. I love the subtlety. My favorites are the first images in each of the two collages.
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    These are soooo cute!!
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    here they are...the d700 shots! these are so sweet! The first one is my favorite. it was a tough choice between that and the second. it looks like the first photo in the second set has a nice exposure then the second two seem a little darker. seriously minor nit. But I like how you put them together like that, didn't even know lightroom was capable. looks like you're enjoying the new additions (the baby AND the camera!)
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    I really like the second one, although all of them are very good.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    lilmomma wrote:
    here they are...the d700 shots! these are so sweet! The first one is my favorite. it was a tough choice between that and the second. it looks like the first photo in the second set has a nice exposure then the second two seem a little darker. seriously minor nit. But I like how you put them together like that, didn't even know lightroom was capable. looks like you're enjoying the new additions (the baby AND the camera!)

damn it melissa..I see the exposure differece now and it bugs me now! lol rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for looking.wings.gif
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2