Motos on the Runway

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited November 22, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Here are a couple of pictures from my photoshoot today, 1970 Honda's on a airport runway. C&C please!!
tim1.jpg
moto1.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    I am still learning, so I don't know how to properly critique as others do so well here. But I will say a couple of things.

In the first photo, I find the halo's around the bar ends and mirrors distracting. I would love to see this shot without the HDR like treatment.

In the second photo, I dig the aged / weathered treatment applied. Looks like it was a found picture from someones old shoe box clap.gif

I would love to see more detail of the bikes though in both pictures.
    Duke
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    dixonduke wrote:
    I am still learning, so I don't know how to properly critique as others do so well here. But I will say a couple of things.

In the first photo, I find the halo's around the bar ends and mirrors distracting. I would love to see this shot without the HDR like treatment.

In the second photo, I dig the aged / weathered treatment applied. Looks like it was a found picture from someones old shoe box clap.gif

I would love to see more detail of the bikes though in both pictures.
    Thank you! Yea I agree the halo is starting to bother me as well however the intent of that picture was to get the HDR look... anyone know how to minimize the halo?
    The owner of the bikes was thrilled w/ the second photo as well. Thanks for your C&C!!
    Courtney
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    would maybe a little smudging do the trick?
    Courtney
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited November 22, 2009
    Thank you! Yea I agree the halo is starting to bother me as well however the intent of that picture was to get the HDR look... anyone know how to minimize the halo?
    I don´t know what you did to get the halos there in the first place, but something is enhancing local contrast and creating them. If you used HIRALOAM sharpening, try lowering the radius, then the amount if that doesn´t help.
    edited November 22, 2009
    if thats the case then just up'ing the contrast after doing the p.p technique is prob. what caused it. Thanks!
    Courtney