I need help

di-quesodi-queso Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited November 23, 2009 in Technique
I have a D2X and a laptop running Vista, also a Sony dye sub printer, I am planning to do a Santa Photo booth. I want to be able to tether the camera to the laptop then print and burn Cd's of the image, I can't seem to find the right combination of software to make it all happen. My first job is the 28th of this month. Anyone with any answers on how to do this would be helpful, and not to mention I know I am most likely posting in the wrong section of the forum so feel free to move me where I need to be.

Thank you.
New toys: Mamiya 645 Pro Tl with 80mm,55mm,150mm,120,220,and Polaroid backs:wink
Nikon D100 with MB-D100,Nikon D70S,Nikon N90S with grip,Sigma 18-200 DC, Sigma 20mm,Nikon AF 70-300,Nikon 17-55 AF-S, Nikon, 500mm Reflex, and about 15 other old school Nikon lenses inherited from my dad...

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    I don't shoot Nikon, but I found qoogle to be a quick and easy way to find the solution for doing this with Canon. I used the search phrase "canon tethered shooting". From there it was easy reading.

Doing the same with Nikon "nikon tethered shooting" produced quite a number of very promising pages to read.

HTH
  • di-quesodi-queso Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    I am currently using Photoshop CS2, but something is a miss. I keep having to unplug and re-plug in the camera, because it stops recognizing it after a few shots. I do not know if this is a problem with the vista software on the laptop or what. At home I have windows xp and Photo Impact pro and it works with no problem. Using the same USB cord and settings. I fust can not lug around my home computer.
    New toys: Mamiya 645 Pro Tl with 80mm,55mm,150mm,120,220,and Polaroid backs:wink
    Nikon D100 with MB-D100,Nikon D70S,Nikon N90S with grip,Sigma 18-200 DC, Sigma 20mm,Nikon AF 70-300,Nikon 17-55 AF-S, Nikon, 500mm Reflex, and about 15 other old school Nikon lenses inherited from my dad...