christmas card ideas

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited November 23, 2009 in People
Hey ya'll.. I really want to do Christmas cards this year w/ my kiddos... i feel being a photographer 1. people expect it out of me 2. I've never done them before but have always wanted to. The thing is... being a photographer, I want to come up with something super uber cute... unique and something that will really stand out.. I have 3 boys ages 9,6,&2. Anyone got any ideas??? TIA
Courtney
Courtney

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2009
    Here's my holiday card. Press printed on 5x7 linen card stock. HTH.

721001054_VTEnC-XL.jpg
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    Hey ya'll.. I really want to do Christmas cards this year w/ my kiddos... i feel being a photographer 1. people expect it out of me 2. I've never done them before but have always wanted to. The thing is... being a photographer, I want to come up with something super uber cute... unique and something that will really stand out.. I have 3 boys ages 9,6,&2. Anyone got any ideas??? TIA
    Courtney

This month's "Popular Photography" had an article on family portraits. Nothing really new in the article, but one of the accompaning photos featured a young boy dressed as a Christmas tree. He wore a deep green shirt and was wrapped in lights....shot from above....looking up at the camera. The DOF was fairly shallow, and fell off to a soft bokeh. It might make for some fun....to try to get them at the same height....and do something similar. If there were lights all over the floor....in the bokeh....it would also make for an interesting effect.

Or.....if there is a xmas tree farm near you, take them out there and do some on location candids. Make sure they are dressed from the same palette. Give them a vintage look.