Chal 43 ginger curves, again

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited July 21, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I posted this one as I think it is funny in its human like form. I think all of these show curves. What do you all think? Taken 7/15/2005

28756040-L.jpg

28644956-L.jpg
I think this one is beautiful and the curves subtle, but obvious.......

28643836-L.jpg

28646164-L.jpg

I don't know if the next one needs Neat Ninja or whether that would make it too soft..... I think it is the most obvious application of curves, but such a cliche. Though it does work well, IMO.

Photography by ginger

Comments? Please?
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2005
    Oh, this hurts, you all must not like any of them.

I changed the one on the challenge thing, but, well, now I have challenge fever.

I can't go out and take more at mid day, the sun is wrong everyone knows that. My husband is leaving town at around 6 PM, when I should be downtown "scouting" for curves.

Someone comment, please. Say the birds "suck", or something.

I can take out and out truth..........as long as I can understand it. I mean I was fine with my other one being a stretch. It also helps if I have a way to remedy the situation, if the birds suck, I can't remedy that, but I would then decide whether to work at other ideas.

Please say something.

ginger
  • dimmdimm Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2005
    Curves are not so obvious, IMHO ne_nau.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2005
    The curves are obvious to me and I agree that all three qualify for the challenge. I like #2 the best, but also the one you have already posted on the entry thread. I also like that you are using live subjects. clap.gif Most of the entries (mine included) are of inanimate objects.

I have not been commenting in recent weeks because I am away from home and on a very slow phone hookup. It takes forever for the pix to download. Frustrating!

Virginia

Email
    edited July 20, 2005
    Bmp.

I am bumping this up there, because of the interest and preferences for my egret shots.........

I want to be sure of which one you all are speaking.

ginger
  • Jerry CurtisJerry Curtis Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2005
    Curves...
    I prefer the last shot of the series. It may need a little NR and sharpening, but there is no mistaking the curves! I also like the way their poses mirror each other. Nice capture, Ginger!
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Bmp.

I am bumping this up there, because of the interest and preferences for my egret shots.........

I want to be sure of which one you all are speaking.

ginger
    -Jerry

Whether you think that you can or that you can't, you are usually right.
    - Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50
    edited July 20, 2005
    Thanks, Jerry. I sharpened it the layer's way. And I used noise ninja.

ginger
    edited July 20, 2005
    Thank you everyone.

g
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I posted this one as I think it is funny in its human like form. I think all of these show curves. What do you all think? Taken 7/15/2005

28756040-L.jpg

I don't know if the next one needs Neat Ninja or whether that would make it too soft..... I think it is the most obvious application of curves, but such a cliche. Though it does work well, IMO.

Photography by ginger

Comments? Please?
    Ginger,
    I like the first one because the crop makes the curves more obvious. I would not crop it quite so close, but give the birds a little room to look into the picture and not cut them off on the left either. I think there is a little too much greenery on the wide version. I would not include lettering. That's just my $.02 worth. I do think it's good for the challenge.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    Again, I really like the curved necks, but I agree that the crop is too close.