Ice Designs...

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited November 25, 2009 in Landscapes
While winter is not my favorite time of year for photography, it does allow for different type of photos to be taken. This last Saturday morning, I went out to start the car and found these interesting designs on the roof of the car. I took a few pics. Here are a couple of them.
Comments welcomed.

Ron

721944270_W3VT7-XL.jpg

721944338_Rb4LE-XL.jpg

721944591_tXcuX-XL.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    #2 is very cool, Ron! No pun intended!
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    #2 is very interesting. Thanks for sharing the pics.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    I like them -- #3 looks like a fern leaf.
  • Picture North CarolinaPicture North Carolina Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Natural fractals! Ain't nature neat?!

SmugMug Gallery | Website | Like my Facebook page, I'll like yours
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    These are very cool shots. Love the detail and texture in them. We do not have much ice or snow down here and personally have never stopped to look at it in any detail when it does come.

Thanks for sharing these and opening my mind!!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    it reminds me of a landscape; on a mountain looking down toward the valley - neat!
  • PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Sweet shots, frost has such cool textures. In my local library last winter there was a whole exhidit of shots like these that were taken from inside a greenhouse. I like yours better, you have much better texture.thumb.gif
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Thanks a lot for your comments. I am glad that you liked the pics. I was really taken by all of the different shapes that there were. Here is one more photo from the same time. I do not like the window heater lines, but the shapes are cool.

Ron

721944742_VjXPz-XL.jpg

Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    wow! now that's one thing i can't do living in charleston lol
  • boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    These are great ... Just looking at the images, I thought they were details of ice sculptures! Great captures!
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Makes me think about parking the car outside of the garage. The images are great.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Makes me think about parking the car outside of the garage. The images are great.

It may well be worth it Brad:D.

Thanks again for your comments. I was not even sure whether to post these, but I am glad that you have enjoyed them!

Ron

• NinaNina Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    ront wrote:
    Thanks a lot for your comments. I am glad that you liked the pics. I was really taken by all of the different shapes that there were. Here is one more photo from the same time. I do not like the window heater lines, but the shapes are cool.

Ron

721944742_VjXPz-XL.jpg

This one is the best one of the lot. It is probably worth cloning out the heater lines. I know I would!:D
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Beautiful !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Kory LidstromKory Lidstrom Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Very nice and original compositions -- almost abstract like. I think they could be improved by upping the contrast.
    I see the world through a 3:2 rectangle.

My site:Fine Image Photography
  • ipduffyipduffy Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Ski Slopes
    I like #1 of your originals. It looks like a high-angle shot of some ski slopes that have just been groomed. Makes me want to go skiing! :D