Options

Providing Models from a Class with Pix

adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
edited November 25, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
I took a lighting class and some of the images were keepers and one model asked for copies. There seemed to be some amount of tacit agreement that images would be provided.

These aren't really WOW shots, but what I'm wondering is if provided shots would have my logo mark on them, or when you provide, you just work off the agreement that if they use the image on their model mayhem account, they will credit you in the captions.

I don't want to be overly zealous marking the shots, nor do I want to be overly free in not marking them. What is considered customary if you are doing a work for shots agreement?

Example image:
721874207_vuf4b-M.jpg
- Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
My SmugMug Site

Comments

• Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    Tfp/cd
    Generally you are supposed to give credit to the model and they are supposed to give credit to the photographer. You should always have a model release signed spelling out the agreement and use/rights.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Put a small, attractive logo in the bottom right-hand corner. Make it one or two colors only, 100% opacity but not distracting. It should be small enough that it doesn't distract from the image, but just large enough to be read without having to squint.
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Andrew,
    while you're not obligated to do it (Idon't think it was in your class agreement), I personally think it's a good manners and, for you, it's a free advertising. Just put your logo there, as it's been suggested...
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Thanks, everyone. I just left a small logo and she said that there would be a link to my site if/when they are used.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site