Moving Rocks - Take 2!

kwalshkwalsh Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited November 24, 2009 in Landscapes
Based on some great input from this thread I've changed the second photo to a crop and found what I think might be a better alternative all together. Would love to hear which of the two people prefer or any other comments.

The Crop:

722136202_GouYd-L.jpg

The Alternative:

722136988_Mx6fu-XL.jpg

Thanks!

Ken

Comments

• PhotometricPhotometric Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    I prefer the second. It gets you closer to the look of the rock/ground underneath. But that's a personal preference.
    http://www.djdimages.com/

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."
    -- Abraham Lincoln
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
  • dbddbd Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    kwalsh wrote:
    Based on some great input from this thread I've changed the second photo to a crop and found what I think might be a better alternative all together. Would love to hear which of the two people prefer or any other comments.

Ken
    I still think you'll need a much longer shutter time to show any motion blur.

Dale B. Dalrymple
    http://dbdimages.com
    "Give me a lens long enough and a place to stand and I can image the earth."
    ...with apology to Archimedies
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 23, 2009
    #2 is super. A veritable rock orgy. nod.gifrolleyes1.gif

BTW, the rocks are somewhat of a mystery. People have camped out for weeks or even months at a time to study them. They measured them, and they've developed all sorts of theories as to why they move. And yet, nobody has ever seen one move. eek7.gif
  • JonnyyayaJonnyyaya Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    Yup 2nd one winner..
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    #2 is great, love the angle.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    I like your crop on the 1st photo. Looks much better then the previous posted photo. I like that my eye is attracted to the distant rock instead of the two in front. My opinion tho :D

Your 2nd photo here is really good. Much more detail in the ground. I like that your lines have curves to them. It really adds to the photo thumb.gif
  • kwalshkwalsh Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Thanks everyone for your input, sounds like everyone likes #2 the best (as do I). I'll put it into my trip gallery instead of the OOF background one in the other thread. Thanks for everyone's time and comments - sometimes it is hardest to edit ones own collection!

Ken
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2009
    Ken I'm speechless by your photos from this trip. I just love your take on the place! So very, very inspiring. bowdown.gif