Customers say they can't see my images

ShamguessShamguess Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
edited November 26, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I received my second complaint today from customers who say they can't see my images in my galleries. I know it's not everybody because I sold a picture this afternoon and I am getting hits on images I loaded today. One guy said he has tried "several different computers over several days" and still can't see the images. The other guy says he can only see the images if he clicks on the "buy multiple images" option and then he can see thumbnails. This is very bad for business since I don't know what to tell these folks. Is anyone else getting complaints like this? If two people have complained to me in one day, I wonder how many other potential customers are having a problem but have just not said anything. Help please!
Steve
www.PLSPhotography.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2009
    Shamguess wrote:
    I received my second complaint today from customers who say they can't see my images in my galleries. I know it's not everybody because I sold a picture this afternoon and I am getting hits on images I loaded today. One guy said he has tried "several different computers over several days" and still can't see the images. The other guy says he can only see the images if he clicks on the "buy multiple images" option and then he can see thumbnails. This is very bad for business since I don't know what to tell these folks. Is anyone else getting complaints like this? If two people have complained to me in one day, I wonder how many other potential customers are having a problem but have just not said anything. Help please!
    Steve
    www.PLSPhotography.com

Hi, have them contact our heroes, that's best - it can be any number of things, but typically:

- they're at a work location where images or sites like SmugMug are blocked

- they're blocking javascript in their browser

We'll help!
  • HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Javascript
    I just had the same issue. I could not see the thumbs of several galleries. I seemed like the file was there and I could download it too.

I was using Firefox with Adblock Plus and it was blocking javascript on my page. I set it to allow it and then my thumbs popped up again.
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    Halliday wrote:
    I just had the same issue. I could not see the thumbs of several galleries. I seemed like the file was there and I could download it too.

I was using Firefox with Adblock Plus and it was blocking javascript on my page. I set it to allow it and then my thumbs popped up again.
    That'll do it - blockers are a common cause of blocked images thumb.gif