Options

Snowmobile Time

nw scoutnw scout Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
edited November 29, 2009 in Sports
What with the snow starting to fall and all, thought I would throw out a shot to get things started.

723326817_hJ8tg-XL.jpg

Hoping to see lots of great shots from all you snow shooters. If I get healed up good enough, I may be able to get out and hit the snow before spring :thumb

Any comments on this pic would be great.
I have been playing with this and some other old images and could use some feedback.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    NwestrnrNwestrnr Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Think we have 8" here not hardly enough yet.

Creative shot nw. I'm not a big fan of selective coloring but this is working for me nice one !
  • Options
    CrossbarphotoCrossbarphoto Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    I totally love the processing! Looks like it came straight from a magazine article or advertisement. thumb.gif
  • Options
    BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    I may be able to help out with the 'snow fix'! I am going to be covering the CSRA snowcross series this winter. So every other week - I'll post a few for your viewing!

Like the shot you posted! I agree with the comment about the selective colour - really diggin it on this one though!
    ...more to come!
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    Nice shot....I'm liking this one! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2009
    Thanks guys
    I have never been a big fan of selective color either, but other than the rider, this image had very little color anyway.
    This was an old outtake from a shoot a few years ago. Kinda fun going back through my old work and playing with them. I will post up some more as I get them done.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited November 27, 2009
    That is a great shot thumb.gif

I have a question and that is are you under-exposing in the camera and then using flash to properly expose the rider?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    That is a great shot thumb.gif

I have a question and that is are you under-exposing in the camera and then using flash to properly expose the rider?

Yep.

It was sunrise behind the rider and all blown out clouds.
    So I went with a really fast shutter speed and a hi speed sync with on camera flash.
    I also darkened up the sky a little in post to give it a more dramatic feel.