Christmas Portrait help

nicki2414nicki2414 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
edited November 25, 2009 in People
I am shooting a family of three this week for christmas portraits. This is my first family session for christmas. can anyone share some ideas or post some pics for me to take a look at. I want to do something fun. Normal poses are not really my style. The child is only 3 months old. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Sounds like fun! Three months can be really fun! If you can spare a little extra time I'm sure it will go very well...I don't know how many 3 mos olds you've shot but it is a SUPER age for a shoot. They are smiling at this age, but don't go anywhere yet. The smiles can be hard to catch but I know that the parents would be happy if you did. It is the time of the first social smile and parents can usually get it out of them easily if they are happy and rested. If you have time to ensure that, then the shoot will be easy. As for the Christmas theme.... You didn't mention if this is an indoor or outdoor shoot? If it is outdoors you can find a Christmas tree farm or the like for the family pose. If it is indoors it just depends on your props I guess to make it feel Christmasy. For the baby you will need some sort of a poser. He/she won't be sitting yet so beware. You could wrap some garland ligtly around baby or use an oversized stocking prop to place him/her in. Use some Christmas tree lights for the background bokeh. It looks amazing (either color or white/gold lights). I've seen them used on solid black backgrounds and it really pops! Good luck and look forward to seeing your project.
    nicki2414 wrote:
    I am shooting a family of three this week for christmas portraits. This is my first family session for christmas. can anyone share some ideas or post some pics for me to take a look at. I want to do something fun. Normal poses are not really my style. The child is only 3 months old. Thanks in advance!
  • nicki2414nicki2414 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Thanks for the help... I love the stocking idea.