Some portraits, just for fun ...

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited November 25, 2009 in People
I was actually not planning to get portraits out of this session, but hey, having just finished up my wedding season, I enjoyed having a pretty gal pose for my, and I snagged some headshots ...

I;m a bit bummed I didn't see her arched back :rolleyes, but hey, thought I'd share anyway:

1: I was going for a glamor style, hence the face will look over processed to some of you guys ...
723752154_VT2Lo-L.jpg

2: Tried some different processing ...
723751696_QFfVy-L.jpg

3:
723751911_JgBH8-L.jpg

4:
723752357_pTaxa-L.jpg

5:
723752707_5VpXo-L.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Lovely set, Angie, very "high fashion" thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Lovely set, Angie, very "high fashion" thumb.gif

Thanks Nik iloveyou.gif, yeah, she was really fun to shoot, awesome in front of the camera & just nice to work with ... I should have a separate session with her one thumb.gif
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    gorgeous stuff there! thumb.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited November 25, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    gorgeous stuff there! thumb.gif

Thank you iloveyou.gif ... Ahhhh, I so wish I would have had more time with her, I need to do more model photowork ........iloveyou.gif
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    How is it that you can post this 6 minutes after I posted some shots, and you've got 4 comments already, and I've got none? mwink.gif Maybe you're that much better than me. Ummm. Looking at your shots, you are. :D

Love #1 and #4. #2 almost looks like there's a copy of the photo overlaid on top of each other. Maybe it's just my eyes. This PP style is starting to excite me.

Thanks for posting. Very cool stuff!
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
    edited November 25, 2009
    du8die wrote:
    How is it that you can post this 6 minutes after I posted some shots, and you've got 4 comments already, and I've got none? mwink.gif Maybe you're that much better than me. Ummm. Looking at your shots, you are. :D

Love #1 and #4. #2 almost looks like there's a copy of the photo overlaid on top of each other. Maybe it's just my eyes. This PP style is starting to excite me.

Thanks for posting. Very cool stuff!

Oh, ... well, 2 of the 4 replies are MY replies, so ... I guess that's a form of "cheating" haha rolleyes1.gif

Thanks, glad you're enjoying the shots & processing ... thumb.gif
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Very nice!!!

I'm most partial to 3 & 4, but they all have something to like!!!

I really like #1 but the way the hair falls off to camera-right bothers me some. Sort of feels like she's missing an ear. Perhaps because the light fall-off is so sharp, I'm expecting to see something -- hair, ear, both in that area. I do love the PP overall, though.

#2 didn't work for me. Again the PP works well, though. I think my issue is with the right-half of the camera-right eye lashes that seem (to me) like they are heading off in a different direction than the other half.

#5 is just a wider crop of #3, correct?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    These are GORGEOUS!

(Is this the gal that you did those awesome maternity shots for a long time ago?)
    edited November 25, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Very nice!!!

I'm most partial to 3 & 4, but they all have something to like!!!

I really like #1 but the way the hair falls off to camera-right bothers me some. Sort of feels like she's missing an ear. Perhaps because the light fall-off is so sharp, I'm expecting to see something -- hair, ear, both in that area. I do love the PP overall, though.

#2 didn't work for me. Again the PP works well, though. I think my issue is with the right-half of the camera-right eye lashes that seem (to me) like they are heading off in a different direction than the other half.

#5 is just a wider crop of #3, correct?

Thanks for the comments! iloveyou.gif

#1, I see the ear issue, but the corner was dark, when I looked at it again, I thought I should have saved some more of her hair, but .... by then it was already too late ...

Yup, #5 & 3 are the same, I was just playing around with some different crops & post thumb.gif

Thanks Andrew iloveyou.gif
    edited November 25, 2009
    These are GORGEOUS!

(Is this the gal that you did those awesome maternity shots for a long time ago?)

Thanks Heather .... No actually ... but now that you mention it, I see the resemblance (good eyes!!) :D
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    edited November 25, 2009
    Thanks David iloveyou.gif