Google Wave

cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited December 18, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
Got some invites. If you want one...and I know you from DGrin...shoot me your email via PM.

Warning...invites are neither automatic or immediate...Google seems a bit random.... sometimes they go out days later, sometimes, for some reason, not at all or months later. took me 4 mons to get my invite.

FYI, your email needs to be the one that you use for your Google account. Doesn't have to be a Gmail account, but it needs to be the one you log into other Google services with

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    cmason wrote:
    Got some invites. If you want one...and I know you from DGrin...shoot me your email via PM.

Warning...invites are neither automatic or immediate...Google seems a bit random.... sometimes they go out days later, sometimes, for some reason, not at all or months later. took me 4 mons to get my invite.
    Same here. A have a few to spare...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    A few invites as well
    I have a few as well.

Now if only there was someone to wave to...mwink.gif
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    Now if only there was someone to wave to...mwink.gif
    That gave me a chuckle.

So - with Google Wave - could you actually collaborate with others on photo editing; e.g., someone has a shot - converts to jpg, and wants some advice on how to improve. Other wavers could adjust image to help.

Possible?
    edited November 26, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    That gave me a chuckle.

So - with Google Wave - could you actually collaborate with others on photo editing; e.g., someone has a shot - converts to jpg, and wants some advice on how to improve. Other wavers could adjust image to help.

Possible?

Yes, I have done that on a basic graphic with a friend already. What is interesting is unlike e-mail threads when things wander, one can branch and move waves and filter better. It is also real time. I can literally watch my friend type. It is odd at times. There are some issues with the formats it will display thumbnails of, such as RAWs don't work but PNG, JPG, BMPs etc have worked as thumbnails.
    -=Bradford

• cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    That gave me a chuckle.

Possible?

You can discuss, and attach and download images. So, while you could not edit, in place, you could attach and re-attach images, editing off-line. In other words, basically the same as you do here on DGrin.

That isn't to say this might not be available some day, as Wave is basically a skeleton of a framework, waiting to be built out into something useful.

Right now, Wave is basically a combination of IM, Web boards, and email, all mixed together. It is very promising, but very early code.
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    cmason wrote:
    You can discuss, and attach and download images. So, while you could not edit, in place, you could attach and re-attach images, editing off-line. In other words, basically the same as you do here on DGrin.

That isn't to say this might not be available some day, as Wave is basically a skeleton of a framework, waiting to be built out into something useful.

Right now, Wave is basically a combination of IM, Web boards, and email, all mixed together. It is very promising, but very early code.
    Yeah - it seems like something that could be really useful here as in real-time feedback from pros/artists-in-residence/critiques/refinery/etc.

Unfortunately, I too have nobody to wave to. ne_nau.gif
  • ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    Yeah - it seems like something that could be really useful here as in real-time feedback from pros/artists-in-residence/critiques/refinery/etc.

Unfortunately, I too have nobody to wave to. ne_nau.gif

Anyone who wants to do Wave C&C sessions, feel free to add me as a contact and start a wave. coskier@googlewave.com (or coskier@gmail.com)
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter
    edited November 26, 2009
    My Google Wave is "BradfordBenn" if one is looking for someone to wave back.

I also reread my post, and what I did not explain well is that the real time typing happens in the "Chat" mode not in other modes.

However that does give me an idea to add to their list - desktop sharing.
    -=Bradford

• epicv70repicv70r Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Would love to be able to see this Wave that everyone is on!! If anyone has any invites left!! :D Can't say I know any one of you so if anyone is feeling generous it would be great!! E-mail is username at gmail.com

Thanks!
  • joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    you've been invited. They take a couple of days to come through
    jamesOgle photography
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]
  • epicv70repicv70r Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    jogle wrote:
    you've been invited. They take a couple of days to come through

Thanks!! Just got the invite!! Ill have to post my thoughts once I get home and can use it. Work computers suck!!
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Shoot... I just saw this thread... if anyone has any invites left, I'd love to give it a try! CWSkopec[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Shoot... I just saw this thread... if anyone has any invites left, I'd love to give it a try! CWSkopec[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks! thumb.gif
    Invite Sent.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Invite Sent.

Thank you, Nik!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • brambo76brambo76 Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    didn't expect to find it here. anyone still have an invite left? I'd love to try. My google ID is the same as my dgrin ID. Thanks.
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    Same! If someone has an invite available I would love to try it out!

wendell.beitzel(at)gmail.com

Thanks!