Options

Sizes not showing on Mac Safari

fhvillfhvill Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited November 26, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I've been on SmugMug Pro for 4 months and always looked at the results of my work on a PC. They always showed uniformly via IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome. I have been rather satisfied to see that clicking on a photo on 'SmugMug' style or a thumbnail on 'Thumbnail' style always led to viewing a page where, on top, I could choose a size via the 'S M L XL X2 X3 O Auto' links. I always assumed that everyone was seeing the same things and accessing the same functions whichever their computer and browser.

But this was pure illusion! Today a Mac-based client of mine complained that he is unable to comfortably view and horizontally scroll panoramic photos as I had been tediously explaining him to do, by choosing first a larger size.

I finally managed to check it myself on an regularly updated Mac OSX via Safari v.4.03, and indeed the choice of 'S M L XL X2 X3 O Auto' links is unavailable. Moreover, a silly grey "Comments/Keyword" dialog stands on the right side of the photo, blocking its full width expansion. Then I tried with the Mac Firefox v.3.5.5 and things were back as should be, as on my PC. Therefore there is a bug specific to Safari on Mac. Knowing enough about HTML and JavaScript coding, I am quite convinced that you have in here some code that detects Safari on Mac and makes results show differently.

Please correct this unpleasant bug immediately. I use your system professionally and I don't like such messy issues with clients. I would recommend that you thoroughly check functions on every system available to web users before publishing any new code. Having the same viewing results and same functions available whichever their browser and platform has been a policy for years on the World Wide Web. This is at least what any system should try to do.

Best regards
Francois, view-parlour.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    fhvill wrote:
    I am quite convinced that you have in here some code that detects Safari on Mac and makes results show differently
    :nah

Hi, we can't replicate:

20091126-ftnkw93jacjjdgm9cd2qn1d5y6.jpg

Please click 'hide details' link if you see that:
    20091126-g4wqunmrn2xka71bnc7gw7ws8e.jpg

it's cookie-based, so once you click it, you'll not see that view again

If you still see it, show me the exact, specific gallery you were in, so we can check if it's something else. Thanks!