Options

Kabukicho Poster

PMCPMC Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited November 30, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Hi guys,

I had a bit of a shocker today with getting photo's of real people. I had to settle for a doesn't-move-anywhere poster.

This photo was inspired by one of Daido Moriyama's books that I bought at the weekend. I really like his work. Does this photo work at all for you guys so far out of context?

[IMG]http://[/img]724301988_XX7oF-M.jpg

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2009
    PMC wrote:
    Hi guys,

I had a bit of a shocker today with getting photo's of real people. I had to settle for a doesn't-move-anywhere poster.

This photo was inspired by one of Daido Moriyama's books that I bought at the weekend. I really like his work. Does this photo work at all for you guys so far out of context?

Cheers!

I'm afraid it doesn't for me for two reasons. The first is that, unless I'm missing something, this is someone else's art and not yours - beyond the fact that you saw it. And the second, which is directly tied to the first, is that there isn't any context.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    PMCPMC Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    Thanks for your honest feedback B.D. Context is rather inportant, ain't it?!

I spent the weekend looking at street photos that I like, trying to look see which parts of the scence give the photo context and meaning. Thanks for pushing me to consider a new point of view.