Options

Recommendations for Magazine Subscription

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited December 8, 2009 in Finishing School
Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in but I was curious if any of you can recommend a good magazine subscription. I'm looking for a mag that focuses on Photoshop but also some that focus on photography in general.
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    malchmalch Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in but I was curious if any of you can recommend a good magazine subscription. I'm looking for a mag that focuses on Photoshop but also some that focus on photography in general.

It doesn't really cover Photoshop but the best photography magazine in my view is National Geographic. You can get a one year subscription for $15:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazines/

This is probably not what you expected but it's the only "photographic" magazine that I subscribe to ;-)
  • Options
    KA0TVOKA0TVO Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    The National Association of Photoshop Professionals has its own training material and magazine, perhaps that would be what you are looking for.

I am not a member/subscriber so I can't comment on it personally.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    KA0TVO wrote:

+++++ AND IT IS FREE

but I also like:
    PRO PHOTO
    DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHER - FROM THE UK
    DIGITAL CAMERA - FROM THE UK......what I really like about the UK mags is, the disk(s) that come wtih the mags......tutorials for some of the photoshop work done in the mag

Another good one with tute disks is......DIGITAL PHOTO EFFECTS.........also from the UK............

There is also ADOBE PHOTO SHOP- FOCUS GUIDE....it is published by Computer Arts magazine .......

I do pick up SHUTTERBUG also...........more when I am on the prowl for a piece of equipment as they have got decent ads from individuals as well as the commercial ads........

I do not do subscriptions as I find a lot of the mags have a lot stuff I am not interested in.................

Not sure how I keep getting it but I have a subscription to RANGEFINDER and had a 2 yr subscription to Professional Photographer (PPA mag)[I am not a member and could not find out how I was receiving it but after 2 yrs it stopped and I sent a thank you email.....gotta join soon tho]........

EDIT......forgot one american Mags that to me is really good .............JPG MAG........good photos
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    The National Association of Photoshop Professionals has its own training material and magazine, perhaps that would be what you are looking for.

I am not a member/subscriber so I can't comment on it personally.

You’ll need to join at $99 per year.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    TW0RTW0R Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    There is photoshop magazine, which is pretty expensive, but the mag itself is real high quality, and it comes with a cd with tutorials and free stock images etc. Ive bought a couple from costco.
  • Options
    MelmoKMelmoK Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    I've found that the best photography/photoshop mags are all UK based, because the subscription prices are so high due to importation I'll get mine from Borders, carefully making sure there are things I'll use in them

The only US based magazine that I'll purchase anymore is Outdoor Photographer. JPEG magazine was discontinued. :(
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    JPG is back, actually. thumb.gif